30_going_on_60's story - (Wasted my 20's........30's story)

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow hairloss sufferers. Just thought I'd tell people about me in case anyone is bored. I think I have the record for most bald relatives and ancestors. I was always pretty sure that I'd lose my hair eventually and as such, it wasn;t that much of a shock to me. I got my first "you;re losing your hair" comment when I was 17. My diet is complete sh*t, I don;t excercise much and I smoke. All of these things probably didn;t help matters.

At 22, I was noticeably bald. I thought about it sometimes, but not all that often. Getting women wasn;t a terrible problem for me. I HONESTLY believe that women dig confidence. Once I graduated and got a job, I stopped going out as much. I used to go out 2 or 3 times a week with groups of people and back then I didn;t care about hairloss too much. When I was 24, I got a bald comment and for some reason, it really got to me. It wasn;t my first, it won;t be my last, but this one got to me for some reason.

I stumbled upon this site and spent about 4 hours a day reading horror stories, and looking at pic's of people with much better hair than me whinin gabout how their going bald. Needless to say, it had a negative effect on me. I would let hairloss run my life. I stopped going out, stopped talking to people, thought I was beneath anyone with a full head of hair. For about 3 years, I'd check the mirror every 5 minutes to see how much hair i've lost. The combination of my own mind and reading so much about hairloss made me depressed for quite awhile. With a better attitude, I would have spent my 20's differently.

My advice is to make the best of the situation. I mean, do what you have to do with meds and all that, but don;t let it control you. Remember, something like 40%-50% of all men experience some sort of hairloss before 30. It gets a LOT easier to cope with as you get more comfortable with your appearance, and it's a lot easier to cope with it the older you get. People can either think "he's bald, but he's fun to be around and confident" or "who;s that sulking loser in the corner with thinning hair?" I mean, yeah, you'll get a joke made about you sometimes, but these are the same people that call people with a big nose "pinocchio." The hell with them, enjoy your life before you realize it's half over and there's nothing to show for it.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: Wasted my 20's........30's story

I know how you feel, I used to lock myself in the house all day long, now I try my best to go out and have fun as much as I can.

FlashDance

Established Member
Reaction score

Wow...very inspiring post. I was actually already contemplating not spending 30 minutes of everyday checking the posts on this site. I think this post was the straw that broke the camel's back. Thanks!

HairMe

Reaction score

guess all male pattern baldness sufferers have similar experience.

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score

don;t get me wrong. This is a GREAT site, lot's of information on it. It also helped me maintain an acceptable amount of hair as I approach 30. This made it a bit easier to handle. If there's a bald joke, you're no longer the ONLY one people look at, but you can laugh it off as a group. Evryone does go through the same TYPE of thing, but through varying degrees. I'm sure everyone wuold prefer to keep their hair given the choice. But hell..it happenned, and the only REAL choice people have is how they handle it and go about living the rest of their lives. Control what you can.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

it becomes more and more common when you step into your 30's

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score

because I went through my 20's as a guy who had less hair than 90% of the people, it made me the odd one out and I got ribbed occasionally. Does that mean that when I'm 50 and the guys with full heads of hair will be the 10% minority i can rib them? YES!!!! I can;t wait..muahahahahahahahhahaahahahhahaahhaahhahaahah.
"hey weirdo...whats the matter with you? Why aren't you balding yet?"

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

hey 30, i'd be curious for your opinion on treatments like propecia and minoxidil. worth a try? did you use any, and what was your experience?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

30_going_on_60 said:
because I went through my 20's as a guy who had less hair than 90% of the people, it made me the odd one out and I got ribbed occasionally. Does that mean that when I'm 50 and the guys with full heads of hair will be the 10% minority i can rib them? YES!!!! I can;t wait..muahahahahahahahhahaahahahhahaahhaahhahaahah.
"hey weirdo...whats the matter with you? Why aren't you balding yet?"

they will still be the superior people, they are just blessed with good gene.

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score

1) They are in no way superior people. It's what you make of yourself that makes you a good person. I used to think that was bullshit and that it was just good looking people saying that to make me feel better. But it's true. Aside from the media, our own worst enemy as balding people is ourselves. If sulkers didnt go around hiding under a hat, a toupee, or a bad combover, maybe the rest of the population wouldn't draw so much extra confidence from our insecurities. If there were more bald sex symbols and a lot less "stay away from me, I'm bald!" people out there, then we wouldn;t even think anything about losing our hair. It would just be our hairstyle.
2) Tree, I started the big 3 not expecting a damn thing. I was pretty sure it was a scam perpetrated by chemical company fat cats looking to prey on the insecurities of a market the size of China. I;ve been on them for almost 4 years now and I'm extremely satisfied with the results, I really couldn;t ask for anythign more from them. I take them because I have a good job and I can afford them and because I'm DOING somethign about the problem. I wouldn;t want to have gone bald knowing there was somethign I could have done and didn;t even try it. I would try it..if it works..awesome..if it doesn't?....what the f*** are you gonna do right? Kill yourself? Hell no!

RaginDemon

Reaction score

Let me rephrase myself, they still have some advantage in appearance department.