33-year-old Nw2 Wondering How To Proceed

malebiped

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I heard the first comment on "losing my hair" almost a year ago now, at age 32. However, the side effects that many people on this forum have reported with DHT blockers and even minoxidil are a potent deterrent to my trying them.

In my life situation as a single man fond of meeting lots of new women, compromising what one forum member called your "male mojo" (including but not limited to libido, sexual function, energy levels, competitiveness etc) is perhaps an even scarier thought that going bald. Worse, some horror stories found on these forums suggest that the unwelcome side effects might be permanent or take years to wear off.

At the same time, I'm aware that the earlier one begins to take measures, the better the results. I can currently still comb my hair in such a way for a night out that I don't look like I'm balding. But I have to assume that's not bound to last very long, now that the receding has begun. So my conundrum is -- do risk my male mojo by using substances (such as finasteride, dutasteride, or minoxidil), or do I start mentally preparing to shave it all or get a wig/transplant. It's a harsh choice to make. All those horror stories about bad side effects make me think about how relatively well I still have it. Yet I'm aware that waiting passively for DHT to eat away at one's hair is not the most proactive or productive thing to do if you wish to keep your mane.

:l

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, minoxidil does not affect your sex drive or sexual functioning at all. If you're beginning the process at 32, you may not have very aggressive hair loss. Try minoxidil, it can do wonders

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're a nw2 in your 30s you're doing pretty well. I'd just go on finasteride if i was you. I regret using minoxidil because it ate my hairline but not my crown (go figure) others have had good success, dunno why it worked for them and hurt me but at 32 your nw1 hairs are probably long gone. minoxidil wouldn't help much. So just finasteride