34 And Thinning

Does Viviscal Actually Work?

• Total voters

Pt214

My Regimen
Reaction score
New Member Here,

Well, I'm a 34 yo African American and noticed some thinning last year a little after my 33rd birthday. It's mostly, well, was mostly confined to my crown, however, after roughly a 6-7 month run with Minoxidil and two sheds, my hair is now worse than before I started the treatment. I'm now noticeably thinner around the temples and scalp area.

I stopped my minoxidil treatment about 3 weeks ago after getting a three month supply of Viviscal Professional. I figured it can't get any worse in the next couple weeks than its already become. Lately all I've been using is the viviscal.

For the last week and a half I've also been using nizoral shampoo in hopes that it would aid in the minoxidil treatments. I'm hoping this works. I haven't picked up any finasteride yet, mostly due to my fears of the side effects, which have now been calmed to a degree, thanks to the forums.

This is all new to me and I'm actually really interested in learning more about our common problem. I look forward to the future and learning from all of you.

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
nizoral wont do much on its own, esp if its the 1% bottle that you pick up from the store.