39 Year old, Walk away wife separation, and accompanied hair loss

Jame2120

Reaction score
Fellas ,

my wife dropped a bomb in me 7 months ago, she moved out, I went through a period of stress/anziety like no other lost weight couldn't eat, just couldn't do anything, obsessed over it and in turn lost a boat load of hair. My hair is already very baby fine so any loss shows up and it has gotten worse and worse, just thinning all over but my frontal, crown looks like hell, very fine. About 3.5 months ago I started finesteride and about three months ago rogaine as well. My hair just seems to get thinner week by week. I am hoping it is just the dred shed or Telogen Effluvium but I got pretty aggressive three months into separation. Also use nizoral, what do you think my prospects are . The dermatologist initially said it didn't look like male pattern baldness.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 261
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 247

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it is Telogen Effluvium supplements or removing stress from your life should get your hair back it may not be male pattern baldness especially if the dermatologist said so

Reaction score
If you werent experiencing hairloss before your wife walked away then its most likely due to stress and not male pattern baldness. The good news is that the hair will regrow if you maintain your stress while taking vitamins like biotin. I think it maybe a little too early for you to try finasteride though. Im sorry to hear about what happened with your wife by the way. There was a point in my life when my GF left me and I lost alot of hair and gained additional wrinkles on my face. I took a good look at myself in the mirror and said, NO WOMAN IS WORTH GOING BALD FOR! Hope that advice helps dude. Take care

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Don't get overly stressed about your wife leaving. I know it is tough, but you have to get things in control because you are only making things worse for yourself. At this point you don't want to let your looks go down the drain. Don't give her that satisfaction. The worst thing you can do at this point is go bald, let yourself go, and get yourself an unattractive girlfriend. Ex's love it when they see your life destroyed after they leave. It's their way of thinking without them you are nothing.

Jame2120

Reaction score
Don't get overly stressed about your wife leaving. I know it is tough, but you have to get things in control because you are only making things worse for yourself. At this point you don't want to let your looks go down the drain. Don't give her that satisfaction. The worst thing you can do at this point is go bald, let yourself go, and get yourself an unattractive girlfriend. Ex's love it when they see your life destroyed after they leave. It's their way of thinking without them you are nothing.

I want to continue finasteride just in case, you think that will be okay if i don't have male pattern baldness. I have always been stressed out and anxious but this kind of took me over the edge, i am smoking though but stress is not as bad after 7 months

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I don't think taking finasteride if you don't have male pattern baldness will hurt you. I just would rather not be taking a drug that I didn't need. Any chance you can go to a Doctor and make sure you have male pattern baldness before starting finasteride? That is the route I would take.