4-OHT Protein (new hair treatment discovered)

Luke

Reaction score
Hi .I just posted this in the incorrect forum .Sorry.This new Protein called beta -catenina promises to be revolutionary to fight hair loss.It si said to be the most effective substance to treat PMB-I read it today in the newspaper.The resulst of the investigation is going to be published today in Genes &Development .
This Protein was discovered by chance in cancer investigations at Michigan University.Reduced hair follicles may be activated and start producing new hair . Perhaps a drug is made out of this Protein soon I hope so!.
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/03/05/15/sl_496220.asp
LA NACION | 15/05/2003 | Página 18 | Ciencia/Salud
pd, have u seen the pics??amazing !

Have a nice day all of u !

semi_fallout

Reaction score
Its another labatory mouse news.

The researchers have found a gene on mice that may or may not help finding a cure for human hair loss.

Luke

Reaction score
It´s not a "gene" it´s a PROTEIN. Finasteride was also studied in mice once.All drugs are tested in animals before testing in human beings.New drugs are suposed to be made out of this protein .(many years from now i think)
http://www.hhmi.org/news/fuchs2-esp.html
try this-Sorry , i´ll try to search for an article in English

Luke

Reaction score
OK its NOT a new substance .I ment it is a new treatment based on this Protein, to create new drugs .
Trying to find articles in english-If anyone wants to do so , hés WELCOME too.Thks!

Stingray

Reaction score
For some reason, my brief 1 year in high school biology makes me think that isn't genes PROTEINS anyways? I dunno..I'm just a stupid construction worker.

You try it, I'll stick to FDA PROVEN methods.

Luke

Reaction score
hey just sharing info.(ignorant lawyer here)I would not even think about taking a non proven (FDA)medicine.As far as i read in the news today, new drugs from this protein are still under investigation , (side effect stuff an so on).
Hope we can get some beneffits , don´t we?

Harry

Reaction score
I appreciate your effort Luke. Please keep posting these types of articles.
Not very many years ago people started taking proscar before it was approved for hairloss as propecia. There definitely is the potential to get in on new treatments a year or two ahead of the masses.

G

Stingray said:
For some reason, my brief 1 year in high school biology makes me think that isn't genes PROTEINS anyways? I dunno..I'm just a stupid construction worker.

You try it, I'll stick to FDA PROVEN methods.

Imagine if you had taken a year of BICHEMISTRY!

Perhaps that is a course for bisexuals?????

G

all proteins are enzymes and all enzymes are proteins.
and thats my professional opinion.