?

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Clinton100's Story - (telogen effluvium or male pattern baldness?)

well, if its telogen u should be fine, if its male pattern baldness ur diffuse thinning, and to be honest it doesnt look good. with treatments ur hairs shoulnd get worse, and will probably get better, but most of the time, if ur diffuse thinning u will eventually lose everything on top. see a derm and they will tell u.

blink

Established Member
Reaction score

it male pattern baldness dude. your options are to get on propecia/minoxidil or shave your head and call it a day.

astros148

Established Member
Reaction score

blink said:
it male pattern baldness dude. your options are to get on propecia/minoxidil or shave your head and call it a day.
he should start off finasteride and stick with that for awhile

barcafan

Reaction score

yeah dude its pretty much diffuse male pattern baldness

clinton100

Reaction score

I have visited my GP and explained this occurred fairly rapidly over 6 months and he thought it was Telogen Effluvium, however I am starting to think it is male pattern baldness as the hair at the back and sides is relatively thick. On the pull test he said I was loosing a large percentage that wasn't gradual enough to be male pattern baldness and the hairs were thick with a white clubbed end. Im kool if it is male pattern baldness as a shaved head doesn't bother me, however I would like my doctor to diagnose me correctly if you people think it is male pattern baldness.

tooyoungforthiscrap

Established Member
Reaction score

clinton100 said:
I have visited my GP and explained this occurred fairly rapidly over 6 months and he thought it was Telogen Effluvium, however I am starting to think it is male pattern baldness as the hair at the back and sides is relatively thick. On the pull test he said I was loosing a large percentage that wasn't gradual enough to be male pattern baldness and the hairs were thick with a white clubbed end. Im kool if it is male pattern baldness as a shaved head doesn't bother me, however I would like my doctor to diagnose me correctly if you people think it is male pattern baldness.

You have a great attitude man, I WISH I was as comfortable with baldness as you are.

It does look pretty bad if it's only 6 months in, how old are you? Did you notice any of your hair thinning a little bit before that maybe around the crown? That's what happened to me... For about a year I had a little bald spot forming then within 6 months or so it all got really bad.. Not this bad though, so it very well may be Telogen Effluvium.. which I have no idea about lol!

GL

blink

Established Member
Reaction score
the internet > your GP :hairy:

nothing wrong with your GP but an issue with hair is more suited for a dermatologist... and even then, it's a hit or miss on whether or not they know what they're talking about