:/

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Fender,

Welcome to the board. I know how you are feeling man. Hair loss can effect you in so many ways. Just think f*ck it its only hair! Easier said than done i know but that was the only way i got over this whole hair loss saga. I haven't been on these boards for a few months now because i have finally accepted that hair isn't everything and life is way too short to worry about hair. I am only coming back on these sites because im bored at work lol. But at the end of the day all men suffer some sort of hair loss in their lives - its all about being a man! I know your only 21 and you wanna look your best for the ladies but at you will find many women love the bald look. I see so many baldies with girls and i prob know more single guys with hair than single guys without hair. I know alot of people will disagree with me but i am just stating the facts.

Good luck and remember hair loss isn't the end of the world :)

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey man can you post some pics? i'm sure it's not as bad as you say.

i felt the same way when i first came to terms with the fact i was losing hair. i didn't consider myself the most attractive person to begin with, so the fact i was going bald was just more shitty cards dealt to me by bad genetics.

anyway, if you're open to the idea of medications, you can really do a lot to save your hair. i ended up making a dermatologist appointment and asking for a prescription for finasteride. it has completely stopped my hair loss, i just wish i had started sooner.

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score
would 0.5 per day be ok? if i got a pill splitter or something. I'm terrified of the sexual side effetcs. You know, i'd probably get a placebo of them LOL. i would need to be told :"Hi, here's a multivitamin pill" rather than knowing it's finasteride lol

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dudemon. I love metal. What was the name of your thrash band? I am a norwood 3 with obvious hairloss and I have never been turned down in an audition for a band in my life. I have been in a lot of local bands and hairloss was never an issue.

There are tons of bald guys with male pattern baldness in bands like Emperor and Nile, yet they are still extremelly sucsessful.

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
Fender89 said:
age 20, jan 09 - i had REALLY thick dyed blonde hair that went right now to my nose. I play in a rock band, so it suited

Now you should switch to country and western.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guess I got lucky to be born in a later era becuase I do not feel like my hair loss has affected my ability to get into metal bands what-so-ever.