4months Rogaine what to expect?

Jadc007

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been on Rogaine foam for 4 month's what should I be expecting at this period? hairloss or regrowing? only reason for asking is I have been letting my hair grow for 4 months since I started with the tad trimming of the sides and leaving the top alone but the top will not grow any longer seems to just stay medium short :/ ..... Thanks guys hope to hear from you all

Kind Regards

James

Jadc007

Reaction score
Could someone assist me please would greatly appreciate it.... Does anybody know much about under active thyroid problem? As I have pretty much 70% of the symptoms :/ and my brother has this too... he is 29 and I am 22 so maybe could be relating

Relax Im hilarious

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Jadc007

In regards to your underactive thyroid, what sort of symptoms are you experiencing? Weight gain, tiredness and noticing the cold more are the most common symptoms. Usually hair loss is a product of an overactive thyroid (but it can happen with an underactive one). Have you had your TSH and free thyroxine (T4) levels checked? If you have primary hypothyroidism (the most common kind) these are the hormones you will need checked to confirm.
Given that your posts where about 3 months ago, if you haven't already, i'd strongly recommend going to your doctor and getting some thyroid functions test, this is the only way you are going to get the answer.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
How much hair can you regrow if your thyroid was causing the hair loss you had for the last couple of months? Is it too late to regrow when it's gone already if caused by a thyroid???

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
Relax said:
Hi Jadc007

In regards to your underactive thyroid, what sort of symptoms are you experiencing? Weight gain, tiredness and noticing the cold more are the most common symptoms. Usually hair loss is a product of an overactive thyroid (but it can happen with an underactive one). Have you had your TSH and free thyroxine (T4) levels checked? If you have primary hypothyroidism (the most common kind) these are the hormones you will need checked to confirm.
Given that your posts where about 3 months ago, if you haven't already, i'd strongly recommend going to your doctor and getting some thyroid functions test, this is the only way you are going to get the answer.

No, I'm pretty sure it's more consistent with an underactive thyroid/hypothyroidism.

Overactive thyroid is weight loss, heat sensitivity, diarrhea, restlessness (pretty much the opposite of what happens with an underactive thyroid)

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
deadlocks said:
How much hair can you regrow if your thyroid was causing the hair loss you had for the last couple of months? Is it too late to regrow when it's gone already if caused by a thyroid???

You should probably regrow all or at least most of your recent hair loss since the follicles wouldn't have been damaged.

Relax Im hilarious

Established Member
Reaction score
Whilst under and over active thyroid both cause hairloss, i've seen it to be more common in overactive patients personally (having seen a few dozen patients with thyroid related problems), as well as associated dry and brittle hair which you can see with hyperthyroidism.

Twenty.five is completely right though, if the hair loss is caused by a thyroid problem, when the imbalance is corrected the original hair should return. The hair loss is due to a form of Telogen Effluvium due to hormonal change and unless the Telogen Effluvium turns chronic or the imbalance is not corrected the follicle will continue producing once allowed to recover.