5 Days on finasteride let the shedding begin

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also use minoxidil and was using various vitamins and stuff but cutting down on that.

When applying the foam today for the first time, lots of hairs came out, probably 20-30 in a very short space of time (yes this may not be a lot to many of you OK OK- but just last week I could ruffle it for minutes and get only 5 hairs, today I barely rubbed it much at all). I've read on here that people experience shedding but after maybe a few months, so I wasn't expecting it to happen so quickly.

But this is technically a good thing, right? If worst comes to worst, I've accepted I may have to just shave it off and be bald, something I'd never thought I'd accept but I can now imagine it, and it doesn't even depress me that much, it may even be a relief, but of course I won't go down without a fight.

As for sides, it's probably too early yet but the odd thing has been increased libido, not decreased. I've never had problems in this area but lately it's ready to go in like 10 seconds, and instead of getting a horny thought which builds, lately it's like 0-100 as if I can't control it. It's a weird feeling, I guess nobody likes being out of control but given the circumstances of what sides I could get, so far I definitely can't complain. I'm aware it's still very early days and I'd rather my libido not get tampered with at all, as it raises a concern of negative affects in the future (but I'm mainly doing well not to think of this too much).

- - - Updated - - -

Applying minoxidil again tonight and barely any shed. Nice in the short term that I don't have to look at a hand full of my precious strands but maybe shedding early would be a good sign.

It's hard to know what to want.

seeker37

Reaction score
wait a few months

it started working for me after several months and it didn't cause extra shedding at all.
good luck!!

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, thanks, hoping for the same luck.

I'll add nizoral a few times a week in maybe a few months, I don't want to shock the system by adding 2 of the big 3 in such a short space of time.