5 months on finasteride- please help

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been on Propecia now just starting my 5th month. I dont think i've had any results yet. My crown could be improving a little bit but i didnt take any pictures so it might be in my head. I just recently added Nizoral 1% the other week. I've noticed some new thinning spots a little above my hairline and my hairline itself is starting to thin more and more. Im only 19 in college and i dont think that i would commit to a topical 2 times a day every day but my question was is there anything else i should be adding to my regimen?? and is there anything i can apply to my hairline maybe every other day or every 3 days? I was thinkin about copper peptides but wasnt sure if it is worth it.. if anyone has had any success with copper peptides or with their hairline please let me know about it!!! Thanks !

Headache

Reaction score
It'll probably sound like a broken record if you come to this forum enough, but... give Propecia at least 1 year before making any changes.

Trust me, you will go through some up's and down's (I'm going through a pretty bad shed now), but many people on this forum have seen success after 1 year.

After a year, if you're still worried, then consider Rogaine. Give it time, you're still a young guy.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea i dont think i've ever had a shed while using propecia.. i just see my hairline getting thinner and left and right center just above my hair line is now starting to thin and im getting worried. Im afraid if i rely on Propecia. and nizoral that it will get so bad and it will be irreversable if i let it go another year.. maybe im just worrying too much?? Is there anything out there to help the hairline? Longterm wise?

jason566

Established Member
Reaction score
hey falloutboy have you noticed your hairline frontal hair getting thinner faster while on Propecia?
me too only 2 months for me though and im only taking .5mg every 2 days...but Im not shedding anymore than i was before Propecia but yet my hair looks thinner..i don't get it neither

G

Scalp massage 3 x 10 mins a day.

Topicals will most probably not work.

Try minoxidil if anything.

G

All Newbies, give finasteride time to work. 1 year min waiting time.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jason566 said:
hey falloutboy have you noticed your hairline frontal hair getting thinner faster while on Propecia?
me too only 2 months for me though and im only taking .5mg every 2 days...but Im not shedding anymore than i was before Propecia but yet my hair looks thinner..i don't get it neither

I dont think that finasteride has been the reason that my hair is starting to thin.. i guess it was just a matter of time :( but it looks like you and i are in the same situation.. and who knows maybe it is the finasteride? but i havent really heard of anyone else talk about this problem with finasteride. have you?