5 months propecia 1 month avodart with pics

Leo383

Reaction score
I first noticed my hair line was receding at the age of 18 in 2013 but I thought it wouldnt effect me too much so I let it be until mid 2014 (19.5 years old) I began to get paranoid about it. I went to see a hair loss consultant in London and she told me to use rogaine twice a day which i already was but in 1st jan 2015 i started using propecia when i felt rogaine was doing me no favours.

Jan- 1mg propecia 1 rogaine
My hair shedding was equal to what it was before I started propecia(50+). my hair was also constantly itchy and red so mid Jan I brought nizoral where I used 2-4 time a week and washed my hair almost every day.

Feb- 1mg propecia 1 rogaine
my hair shedding decreased significantly but was still shedding more than I would like to(15-30). My scalp was no longer red or itchy at all. I stopped using rogaine at the end of the month

Mar- 1mg propecia
My hair shedding became minimal and I began to expect new hairs to start appearing at the temples very soon.

Apr- 1mg propecia
Hair shedding still minimal (2-5) still no new hairs forming.

May- 1mg propecia 1 rogaine
Mid May stopped nizoral for 4 weeks to see if it was helping. Still no new hairs forming and shedding still minimal.

I began researching avodart in May and studies suggest it is a more powerful drug. although propecia has done good for me so far I believe avodart could do me better..

Jun- 0.5mg x2 avodart
My hair shed from switching increased sleightly (7-15) my scalp also became inflamed and itchy again so I brought nizoral back and by the end of June scalp it was no longer red or itchy.
I began to see some new hairs coming through on my left temple mostly and some on my right. there is also alot of white hairs which was not there the month previous.

Today (30th June) I have decided to share my experience so far. I would like to speak to other guys who have switched from propecia and those who are on avodart and would like to hear your experiences so far.

I would also like to say that i have had no sexual or any other side effects, but taking the avodart pills sometimes give me heartburn which goes after a glass of water.

I hope to see the dark hairs grow longer and more dark hair forming on both temples and the shedding to become minimal once more in the coming months.
1st jan IMG_0562.jpgIMG_0563.jpg
1st juneIMG_0561.jpgIMG_0560.jpgIMG_0559.jpg
30th juneIMG_0557.jpgIMG_0556.jpgIMG_0558.jpg

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I first noticed my hair line was receding at the age of 18 in 2013 but I thought it wouldnt effect me too much so I let it be until mid 2014 (19.5 years old) I began to get paranoid about it. I went to see a hair loss consultant in London and she told me to use rogaine twice a day which i already was but in 1st jan 2015 i started using propecia when i felt rogaine was doing me no favours.

Jan- 1mg propecia 1 rogaine
My hair shedding was equal to what it was before I started propecia(50+). my hair was also constantly itchy and red so mid Jan I brought nizoral where I used 2-4 time a week and washed my hair almost every day.

Feb- 1mg propecia 1 rogaine
my hair shedding decreased significantly but was still shedding more than I would like to(15-30). My scalp was no longer red or itchy at all. I stopped using rogaine at the end of the month

Mar- 1mg propecia
My hair shedding became minimal and I began to expect new hairs to start appearing at the temples very soon.

Apr- 1mg propecia
Hair shedding still minimal (2-5) still no new hairs forming.

May- 1mg propecia 1 rogaine
Mid May stopped nizoral for 4 weeks to see if it was helping. Still no new hairs forming and shedding still minimal.

I began researching avodart in May and studies suggest it is a more powerful drug. although propecia has done good for me so far I believe avodart could do me better..

Jun- 0.5mg x2 avodart
My hair shed from switching increased sleightly (7-15) my scalp also became inflamed and itchy again so I brought nizoral back and by the end of June scalp it was no longer red or itchy.
I began to see some new hairs coming through on my left temple mostly and some on my right. there is also alot of white hairs which was not there the month previous.

Today (30th June) I have decided to share my experience so far. I would like to speak to other guys who have switched from propecia and those who are on avodart and would like to hear your experiences so far.

I would also like to say that i have had no sexual or any other side effects, but taking the avodart pills sometimes give me heartburn which goes after a glass of water.

I hope to see the dark hairs grow longer and more dark hair forming on both temples and the shedding to become minimal once more in the coming months.
1st janView attachment 33771View attachment 33770
1st juneView attachment 33772View attachment 33773View attachment 33774
30th juneView attachment 33776View attachment 33777View attachment 33775
How is your situation now?