5 years on Fincar _ SUCCESS

jamesfinch

Reaction score
It has been 4 years since my last post. I felt I should come back and write something as this blog helped me out a lot all those years ago.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...-(23-1-yr-finasteride-4-yrs-regaine-SUCCESS-)

and the reason for this is because i very rarely even think about my hairloss anymore....

I've been on Fincar (about 1mg per day - 5mg split into fifths) for 5 years now (from inhouse pharmacy). I don't think my hairline as moved even a millimetre. I came off regaine about a year ago as I was becoming very forgetful about applying it. I haven't noticed any difference since coming off of it, so I guess it was the finasteride keeping my hair so good all this time.... I never notice any shedding, even when i'm washing my hair.

My hair looks better than it did when I was 22 (pre-fincar days)

Last week I saw a friend who i haven't seen since university 6 years ago. She said "I thought you were going bald, what happened?". That felt good considering I worried about my hairloss from 16-22 every single day.....

The only regret is that i didn't start on Fincar sooner. As my hairline has still receded a little (but like I say it hasn't moved)

Does anyone out there no how long these results are likely to last? I understand the effectiveness decreases over time... I'll be seriously happy if it lasts into my mid 30's (i'm 27 now).

Sorry if there are any typos etc. I wrote this very quickly

Any questions, please ask. I'm happy to help

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 807

jamesfinch

Reaction score
I did when I first started on finasteride but to be honest. The odd occasion when I couldn't get it up. But that passed. I think it was all in my head to be honest....
if you read my original post it I go into a bit more detail

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...aine-SUCCESS-)

No sexual sides since at all....

progosu

Reaction score
nvm, good work.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Awesome, always good to hear results like this. If you start to lose effectiveness from finasteride you could switch to dutasteride I hear. Food for thought.

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone out there no how long these results are likely to last? I understand the effectiveness decreases over time... I'll be seriously happy if it lasts into my mid 30's (i'm 27 now).
There's a ten year study of finasteride floating about (Dermatologic Therapy, Vol. 24, 2011, 455–461) that is worth reading.

Also, as Agahi says, people tend to add, or switch to, dutasteride, if they find that finasteride isn't as effective any longer. Also, by the time you hit your mid 30s other solutions might be readily available in regular pharmacies (CB-03-01, PGD2 blockers, etc, if they reach the mass market) that could make finasteride obsolete.