5th month on propecia

shin1987

Reaction score
im on propecia since december 2006, and now is the 5th month,im having some shed,if i add in minoxidil now,will my hair shed more??help me pls...im onli 20!!!! :cry:

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So many of us now on here at 5 months ish and only seeing more hair loss. I have lost 50% of my hair since being on it in 5 months....

Sheds appear less than with minoxidil. minoxidil often results in a shed.

Nick

Tommyaz31

Reaction score
RIDE IT!

Hang tight guys.. A few years back I did propecia and literally got worse for 8 months straight. Shed started about month 3 and didnt stop till about month 9. On month 10,my head did a 180! was growing more and coming out thicker. Was really weird how fast it turned around. Have to stick it out at least a year. I was living proof.. I started back again and now on month 6.. Shedding pretty bad right now too..A got better in first 4 months and just got worse the past 1. Have to go through these waves until you hit the 10 month mark. Whatver you do, DONT Stop taking finasteride!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: RIDE IT!

Tommyaz31 said:
Hang tight guys.. A few years back I did propecia and literally got worse for 8 months straight. Shed started about month 3 and didnt stop till about month 9. On month 10,my head did a 180! was growing more and coming out thicker. Was really weird how fast it turned around. Have to stick it out at least a year. I was living proof.. I started back again and now on month 6.. Shedding pretty bad right now too..A got better in first 4 months and just got worse the past 1. Have to go through these waves until you hit the 10 month mark. Whatver you do, DONT Stop taking finasteride!

May I ask you why you stopped finasteride then?

Tommyaz31

Reaction score
WEnt through a rough time financially and mentally. True what i said tho.. Literally got worse for 9 months. then all of a sudden in month 10, my hair started coming out thicker and fuller. Was really weird. So here I am again in month 6 of treatment and same stuff is happening..Hopefulling around month 10, same results will happen.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Tommy I'm on month 9 and my hair is thinner than ever. You think this may change? I really hope this changes.

Shmanky

Reaction score
I'm 28 years old and on month 10 of Propecia. The scalp on the top of my head is more visible than before because I can see white. I'm sure it was more thick 10 months ago. But I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping that I get hit with the same good luck that Tommyaz31 describes. Also noteworthy is that the hair follicles on my temples are budding! And not just a hair follicle here and there, but the entire left and right temple. I just hope they grow strong. No vertex loss.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Shmanky what do you think caused for the buds. Do you think it was from the rogaine?

Shmanky

Reaction score
pologuy514 said:
Shmanky what do you think caused for the buds. Do you think it was from the rogaine?

No, it wasn't the Rogaine and it wasn't the Nizoral, it was the Propecia because I only started Rogaine and Nizoral in the past 2 weeks. And I'm actually conducting an experiment: I'm applying Rogaine 2% liquid on the left temple and not on the right temple, to see how much it helps.

Tommyaz31

Reaction score
pologuy..I think most definitely things will change for you..Things didnt start happening for me until month 10..I will say my hair got A LOT worse in the first 9 months..So bad that I thought I had Telogen Effluvium. Give it 12 months then maybe switch too dutasteride or just try rogaine foam. Different combination of things work for different people. I suffer from anxiety disorder and believe that causes a problem with thinning. Im starting lexapro today and have a feeling that will help hair. Just an idea though..Is your hair worse than when you started or has it gotten worse?

SnowRider22

Established Member
Reaction score
I would stay off the Lexapro man. Look it up, there is documentation claiming hairloss with Lexapro. You can control the anxiety yourself, you don't need the meds. It's all in your head bro.