6 month update

nohairnodandruff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey just wanted to give ya'll an update. I have been on finasteride for 6 months, and minoxidil for about a couple weeks. Seems like the top of my heard thickened, but my hairline is receding and my crown is receding. Weird.

SE-freak

Reaction score
If you are 2 weeks on minoxidil then you might be going through a shed. It is quite common- a large number of telogen hairs are shocked into a new cycle and spit their shafts out.

In fact you may notice some hairs launching from your head and fly about 10-15cm higher after a popping sound.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nohairnodandruff said:
Hey just wanted to give ya'll an update. I have been on finasteride for 6 months, and minoxidil for about a couple weeks. Seems like the top of my heard thickened, but my hairline is receding and my crown is receding. Weird.

I have experienced far more growth at the hairline and temples using minoxidil than Finasteride... in a matter of weeks vs. years.

Britannia

Reaction score
nohairnodandruff said:
I started minoxidil, but kinda half-assed it on and off because it is so itchy

Then dont bother with it at all. That goes for everyone. Dont even bother starting a treatment unless you are going to see it through.

Get on treatment + Time and patience = Lots of hair :D

Get on treatment + Change treatment + Stop treatment + New treatment = Baldness :(