6 months on .5mg and diffused as hell

DickBlazer

Reaction score
Fellas, I've been on finasteride for 6 months and I think I've made a gigantic mistake. My hair is in absolute shambles. Not really shedding the last couple of weeks just very diffused all over. I orginally started finasteride to combat a receeding hairline. Even though finasteride doesn't work that well for the hairline I still took it. I stopped rogaine at that time. I think that was maybe a big mistake. I trully believe finasteride has destroyed the front of my head. I have patches of thin areas all over and it very depressing. Has anyone run into this problem before? And did it correct itself? Thanks guys!

fightDHT

Reaction score
i am about a month on finasteride...and it reduced my hair-fall from day one...on the pillow, shower etc.....but i just had a hair cut yesterday and almost passed out seeing the extent of diffuse loss on the top....i am looking terrible rite now...feeling like going on a vacation and come back when i hav longer hair....but i really think finasteride has reduced my hair shed and has nothing to do with the diffuse loss...probably it was already that bad...just that i dint notice it coz of the long hair...

fightDHT

Reaction score
did u say u stopped rogaine...maybe the shedding is the result of that...but i really dont see finasteride causing a hair shed...unless its for the good in the long term...