6 weeks since hair transplant and quite achey and numb

WebBubba

Reaction score
It's been six weeks since my hair transplant procedure with Dr. Hasson, and it's definitely true what you all have seen saying how this is the hardest part.

I'm concerned because my sutured area is still quite achey and I still have the same amount of numbness in both my donor and recipient area. I know it can take months for the sensation to return, but I'm curious as to whether my head should ache as much as it does. The scar area aches to lightly wash my hair. And, there's also an overall scratchy/uncomfortable feeling on my crown where I do have sensation.

Plus, it's actually uncomfortable to wear a hat, not for the tightness but because the light touch of the hat on my head . And often I have sharp pains in the scar area or in other areas of my head that were not cut into.

I'm wondering if other people have had a similar experience. It's bad enough waiting for the hair to grow, but still being uncomfortable is a real downer.

Thanks for all the posts and support on here. It's been great to read similar experiences while i've been going through my recovery.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Seems that you may be experiencing it worse than most but numbness is normal and the odd shooting pain is quite common. Some people are lucky and hardly experience anything. You've just got to wait it out I'm sure this will dissapear in time.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
take the advise from saf, relax and hope it will go away very soon!

fnlostish

Established Member
Reaction score
in my case,

it was a good year i recall before the donor area felt decent.

that numb, weird feelign lasted quite awhile

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My last procedure the strip took about 8 months to come back to normal. Just give it time

G

The pain and discomfort can vary quite a bit between patients. Basically, it's severed nerves and blood vessels from the strip and recipient incisions. Blood vessels will heal and nerve endings will grow, but it all takes time and is more related to the variation in the healing process. It can take up to one year or so before things start feeling normal again.

Are you taking anything for the discomfort? You might want to use Aleeve which works pretty well for 12 hour periods. If you are not getting restful sleep, consider Ambien CR. I truly hope things improve for you.