7 1/2 month shed question

Obsidian

Reaction score
At the end of month five I was seeing some great results (imo) with Propecia, my hair looked and felt thicker and I was suprised at how fast it worked. Then at the beginning of month 6 I started a shed which I figured would happen. I guess what scares me is at 7 1/2 months, I have lost a good portion of my gains, my hair has turned lighter, it is harder to comb it and my hair has thinned all over considerably, I guess the good news is my hairline/temples haven't receded from what i can tell in pictures so I think I am okay in that area.

My worse fear is that my hairloss is just turning agressive but if it is I will stay on Propecia anyway because it is still doing the fight just not as well as I hoped.

I guess my thing is, did anyone else have a worse shed at month 6 than at the first months?

P.S. I don't think it is related to working out because it started way before I started hitting the weights.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Re: Kind of need some cheering up/hope possibly

Wait, why did this get moved to impact? Wouldn't it go in shedding instead?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Obsidian said:
At the end of month five I was seeing some great results (imo) with Propecia, my hair looked and felt thicker and I was suprised at how fast it worked. Then at the beginning of month 6 I started a shed which I figured would happen. I guess what scares me is at 7 1/2 months, I have lost a good portion of my gains, my hair has turned lighter, it is harder to comb it and my hair has thinned all over considerably, I guess the good news is my hairline/temples haven't receded from what i can tell in pictures so I think I am okay in that area.

My worse fear is that my hairloss is just turning agressive but if it is I will stay on Propecia anyway because it is still doing the fight just not as well as I hoped.

I guess my thing is, did anyone else have a worse shed at month 6 than at the first months?

P.S. I don't think it is related to working out because it started way before I started hitting the weights.
Hey Obsidian, I think you just have to think positive and have faith in the medication. I wish I could tell you differently but my hair changed exactly around the 6 to 8 month mark on Propecia and it started to change all over. My hair became whispy and it felt different all over. No longer thick feeling. I don't remember losing more than 50 to 75 hairs per day which most would consider normal, however, I just keep losing hairs and it was like it was not being replenished with new hairs. Then I notice my hairline got thinner and I started to recede more. However, keep in mind the process was slow and it never seemed to recover until maybe 4 to 5 months later but it never recovered to baseline. However, overall in three years on it, I have lost at least maybe about 20 to 25 percent density mostly concentrated at the front of my scalp down the middle. I think it did help my crown area which I never remember ever had any thinning. So I guess it may have helped somewhat maybe. I guess maybe my baseline density when I started maybe have been about 5 to 10 percent loss. By the way, you are getting close to the 8 month mark on Propecia and if you feel you are not making good gains then it maybe time to THINK about starting minoxidil or Prox-N. However, that will be another long time commitment until something better comes along.

CCS

Reaction score

Obsidian said:
Wait, why did this get moved to impact? Wouldn't it go in shedding instead?

The moderaters probably read the title instead of the content of your post. You should have titled it, "6 month shed question:"