7 After Fut... Recipient Area Holes Disappeared?

flare2flare

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys. I got a hair transplant about 7 weeks ago.

background info:

When I got home, I did not wash my head whatsoever for 3 days.
Then on the 4th day, I started to gently pour water from a cup with a shampoo provided by doctor until day 8.
I had alot of white crusts on my head on day 9 and this is when I VERY VERY gently started rubbing my head in a circular motion to remove the crusts and debris. Each time I'd do this alot of hairs would fall out...
By the 10th day or 11th day, I had shed almost 90% of transplanted hairs.

My problem:

Today, when I look at my scalp, I have areas of my head where I can clearly see the tiny holes from the incisions to the recipient area for the transplanted follicles.
However, there is an area which I don't cannot see any of the holes. This area is the size of a penny. It is COMPLETELY bald as before. This was the area of my head which was actually the most bald. I didn't have any hairs whatsoever there anymore from balding.

What worries me is I don't even see the holes made from the transplant in this area... it's as if nothing was done whereas I can visually see holes in other parts of my head clearly.
Does this mean the transplant may have failed on this area?

I'm asking because my logic is the following: if the holes are TOTALLY closed(which is what it looks like visually since I see no holes)... HOW WILL the new hair come out? Is this a sign that the hair transplant did not take in this area?

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im having the same prob i had an fue procudure im currently on day 10, havent started massaging yet just tapping gently, annoyying thing is im noticing hairs which look like failed grafts in the sink when i rinse a bit at a time, so far collected about 24 of them... hope theres not a lot more...

had a couple of two hair ones as well!

I have got a bit of post hair transplant paranoia and been doing loads of reading into, study below should help,

https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/research/graft-anchoring-in-hair-transplantation/

i am curious to find out as well, if grafts can fail and not take, im assuming there is a percentage of grafts which will subsequently fail and or not connect to a blood vessel, possibly due to implantation i can only assume or an incorrect channel depth?

flare2flare

My Regimen
Reaction score
im having the same prob i had an fue procudure im currently on day 10, havent started massaging yet just tapping gently, annoyying thing is im noticing hairs which look like failed grafts in the sink when i rinse a bit at a time, so far collected about 24 of them... hope theres not a lot more...

had a couple of two hair ones as well!

I have got a bit of post hair transplant paranoia and been doing loads of reading into, study below should help,

https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/research/graft-anchoring-in-hair-transplantation/

i am curious to find out as well, if grafts can fail and not take, im assuming there is a percentage of grafts which will subsequently fail and or not connect to a blood vessel, possibly due to implantation i can only assume or an incorrect channel depth?

I wouldn't worry about losing the hairs after 10 days. They should be pretty secure even if they all went out at once. I wouldn't worry about it. Based on everything I read, there was NOTHING on the internet that said there was anything to worry about... UNLESS you had bleeding.

But did the grafts take? lol Good Lord I don't know what to think I'm approaching 2 months and there's ZERO signs of any new hairs on my head.

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say two months is way too early 3-5 months is when I've usually seen things starting to progress