7 years finasteride -Just added minoxidil and nizo

Tonny666

Reaction score
Hi everyone,:woot:

First time posting on this forum. As I started a new regimen few days ago I decided to record and share my story.
I'm 27 years old male and taking finasteride since 7years. I am really satisfied with finasteride result because it significantly slowing down my hairloss. But now, 7 years after my first pill of finasteride my crown area has thinned considerably and my scalp can be seen by anyone taller than me. I can no longer make a decent hairstyle without highlight my balding.

I noticed since around 2 or 3 years that I am norwood 3.

herewith some pictures of the situation :

picture 1 with dry hair (crown):

picture 2 with wet hair (crown):

picture 3 hairline :

So after 7 years of finasteride I just added : minoxidil liquid 5% and nizoral 2% twice a week. Hoping for the best.

Thanks! I will share some pictures month after months!

PS: Sorry I m not a native english speaker.

bob3

Reaction score
Your hairline looks good; probably on the happy side of Norwood 2, definitely not 3. Hopefully the addition of mix helps your crown out. Then you'd be golden.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You could try oral finasteride in conjunction with those products you are using in the future or take it up a notch by trying dutasteride.
I'm being serious if you are willing to go the extra mile you could keep your hair for another 15 years!
Good luck bud and you have any siblings older than you, what is their hair like?
Because it seams you've stopped you becoming a nw5 or worse.

Vitor Diniz

Reaction score
Make DHT test and see if your levels are high. If is high you can try dutasteride once a week with finasteride.

Tonny666

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your comments and your support!

Good luck bud and you have any siblings older than you, what is their hair like?

Yes, I have a big brother 2 years older than me. he is balding but only at the temples/hairline. No visible hairloss on his crown! however, if I look some picture of him I can notice that his hair has tinned out all over dramatically during the past 2-3years.

1.jpg

Both my grandfathers are bald. :/

Make DHT test and see if your levels are high. If is high you can try dutasteride once a week with finasteride
You could try oral finasteride in conjunction with those products you are using in the future or take it up a notch by trying dutasteride.

You advise me to take or switch for dutasteride. If I understand well, dutasteride is stronger than finasteride and I could get more regrowth by taking dutasteride? Is someone had already get result in doing that?

Thank :)

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
What has your physician advised you to do? Thanx for sharing.

Tonny666

Reaction score
A small uptdate after 6 weeks of minoxidil 5% and nizoral 2%

below some pictures of my crown only because my hairline is still not so bad.

All the photos were taken the same day.

What I noticed is that my hair look more healthy and ticker than before. When I put my finger through my hair I can feel more volume. However I m sure that i'm shedding and losed a big amount of small hair as we can see in the picture.

Next update in 4weeks, I hope for the best

Tonny666

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I has been more than 9 months that I added monixidl and nizoral to my regimen (finasteride). Now my crown area looks better as you can see in the pictures. However I have a lot of dandruff. I reduced the amount by using zinc pyrithione shampoo everyday but I still have a big flakes if I scrub my scalp in particular my crown.
May be I put to much minoxidil in this area, I don't know. I apply 1,5ml for my whole head.

N1.jpgN2.jpgN3.jpg
Since my hair is getting thicker I tried a new short haircut. I noticed that I have some areas behind my head without hair. I don’t know since when I have that because I did not pay attention before but it doesn’t look normal.

4.jpgP1.jpgP2.jpgP3.jpg
So, I have two questions:
1. What can I do to fix my dandruff problem? May be I can try to apply a cream or something like this?
2. What do you think about the areas without hair behind my head?

Thank you

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride is more powerful than finasteride and an option if finasteride is no longer effective enough

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have exactly same kind of hair loss(maybe worse) around the ears and back and these areas are extremely painful.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair has really improved congrats!

It may not be dandruff but residual minoxidil that dries and creates white flakes

As for the bald spots at the back.. No clue doesn't seem male pattern baldness related

shookwun

Reaction score
High and tight is the only hair style I recommend.

taper those sides,and have the crown cut more sharp, and lower then the front.

Sort of like an army ranger hair cut. Growing it out will just emphasis how bald you actually are.