7th month shed on propecia?

Krunko

Reaction score
So if I remember right I remember a few people saying something about shedding a lot about 6-8 months into using propecia. I'm probably on my 7th month or so and I've been losing 100-150 hairs in the shower while shampooing for the past couple weeks.

Is this a normal 6th/7th/8th month propecia thing? Does it grow back thicker or something? Should I be worried?

If anyone else here has used propecia for atleast 6 months let me know if you had a similar effect.

thanks

Krunko

Reaction score
phantom2x said:
do you see any difference in your hair density. is good or bad than before.

AT the worst I'd say it hasn't changed...but I think it might have gotten a little thicker. But if I keep shedding like this it will quickly be back where I started.

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
I have read reports of late shedding before. So you are not alone. These reports have been answered by assurances not to worry.

venomman

Reaction score
might be a stupid question but are you waking it lots or having lots of sex?

im trying to come up with a theory

G

My shed started month 9 and then it recovered. Some people react this way. Just ride it out and I'm sure you will be OK.

G

im in month 7 and was doin great with one shed in 3 months pt. Im now shedding again and have asked the same ? here and got mostly answers thats its the normal course of the finasteride

Krunko

Reaction score
venomman said:
might be a stupid question but are you waking it lots or having lots of sex?

im trying to come up with a theory

No I'm not having sex, and what do you mean by 'waking it lots'?

mikey21

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for 12 months now and its been a rollercoaster, you'll have periodic sheds and then things slow down...my results have been pretty decent so far. The best advice I could give is don't try to evaluate your hair daily or count hairs in the shower because its worthless. If you're trying to track your progress or see if your regiment is working take pics every month or so....goodluck
-mikey