8 Months on finasteride

RBK

Reaction score
I'm in month 8 using finscar and still, my hair is falling out at the same rate as when I started.
I believe the drug to be genuine since my sex drive diminished right after I began taking it and my PSA number fell to near zero this year.
Sorry, I don't have photos but my hair in front has definately thinned.
Do you guys recommend completing a full year with finasteride only and then starting minoxidil?

G

I often have thought my improvements would have been somewhat faster if I at least shed a little, I have never had a shed and my improvements are going in the right direction but slowly.

It is often the people who freak out at a hugh shed who are the same ones that report back with equally good regrowth.

stay the course for a year at least, use Nizoral shampoo 3 x week and the maths with be on your side, if by then the fincar has stabilized your hair loss and you would like to go for some regrowth, add minoxidil.

good luck

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
RBK ... that sounds like the best option. Hang in there. Just know that waiting another few months isn't going to do any permenant damage, so its worth it to give it a chance.

HairLossTalk.com

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont think finscar the pills your taking has finasteride in it. Because your trying to save money is not the real thing. You may want to get Propecia or Proscar to save money. Did you get finscar in India, if so than it's known to make fake stuff there. Or you could be that 14% of people that does not work for.

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
ACT10Npack said:
I dont think finscar the pills your taking has finasteride in it. Because your trying to save money is not the real thing. You may want to get Propecia or Proscar to save money. Did you get finscar in India, if so than it's known to make fake stuff there.

Why are you saying this? Do you have any backing for these statements?

Deaner

Reaction score
He could be right, there was an article that they make alotta fake pills there, and it's really no surprise. Before you go all "any backing for these statements", he was just providing a possible explanation. The only way you really know what you're getting every single time you take it is if you're taking genuine Merck Propecia 1mg Finasteride, 'nuff said.

smudge

Established Member
Reaction score
Err.. I don't think that is the only way to know if you taking finasteride. Some people have done blood tests for DHT levels before and after taking fincar, or atleast so I've heard.

Fincar has been given tentative FDA approval, so I don't think it's generic crap.

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
smudge said:
Err.. I don't think that is the only way to know if you taking finasteride. Some people have done blood tests for DHT levels before and after taking fincar, or atleast so I've heard.

Fincar has been given tentative FDA approval, so I don't think it's generic crap.
The thing isnt if fincar is real, the thing is are you actually recieveing real fincar. Same with any drug you order online. Hell you could go order some advil and get fake stuff.