9 Days post op w/Dr. Feller

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Here I am 9 days post op w/Doctor Feller and happy that it's finally done for now. Although I am absolutely dreading the next 6 months b/c it seems my hairline was shaved back slightly in order for the techs to do their work and no I have to explain away my slightly higher hairline. In the long run I'm glad it was shaved back a little b/c that was due to fall out anyhow and now there will be transplanted hair there, but in the meantime I am thinking of doing my best to cover it with concealer products.

I'll update w/pics in the near future but for now I'm just glad it's done.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Taking MSM might speed up your regrowth a little bit. The next few months will be a nightmare but people soon forget.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I started taking MSM about three days after the procedure. I also have MSM shampoo and conditioner I'm not sure if they the shampoo and conditioner will help but I figured why not. I'm also going through a bad shed with propecia on the rest of my hair so it's a bit of a rough road but better days will come.

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just 71 days post op and I remember how down I felt directly after surgery. Now, my hairs are just beginning to grow in. Believe me it will be worth it.

bigmac

Reaction score
Great to hear you`ve had a positive experience with Dr Feller.

The waiting game is the hardest bit but when they start sprouting you will know it was all worth it

Heal and grow well.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the support fellas. Just one question though. Was anyone else concerned about the density of the hair in comparison to your real hair? I'm 11 days post op now and my grafts haven't fallen out yet and I worry that it looks too sparse. Did anyone else have this problem only to find that once it grew out it looked good and undetectable?

S.A.F and LuckyUK I know you guys had hair transplant's w/Feller. Was this the case for you? Or did it look amazingly dense the second you saw the small transplanted hair?

s.a.f

Reaction score
What density did he plant them at? How many grafts over what size of area? Was the recipient area bald or just thinning because maybe you have some shockloss. Of course it wont be the same density as your natural hair but you wont see the real effect until its all grown out and matured.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what density he planted them at. But it was 2000 grafts in the front with temple recession pic below. Does the fact that the density won't match the original hair make it look like a hair transplant?

s.a.f

Reaction score
PersonGuy said:
Does the fact that the density won't match the original hair make it look like a hair transplant?

No it wont be obvious, the fact that you still have plenty of hair will work in your favour. But as I said before you could get some shockloss which will probably grow back. You've just got to wait it out and see how it looks in 12months time. But there should be considerable improvement by the end of the summer.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Awesome. I'm very excited about the whole thing. I no longer hate the fact that time will pass. I look forward to the coming months which is something I haven't done for a long time. As always thanks again for your help.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
PersonGuy said:
S.A.F and LuckyUK I know you guys had hair transplant's w/Feller. Was this the case for you? Or did it look amazingly dense the second you saw the small transplanted hair?

I am not sure about the second I saw my transplanted hair come through but at just 9+ days I would just chill and let nature takes its course, its gonna be at least three months before you start to see any new growth and at least 6 months before the big sh*t starts to happen.

My advice is take photos every month and this way you can see the difference.

All the best !

Lucky

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks man...it's much appreciated now it's the waiting game.