A.Benoit's story - (Age 24 hairloss since I was about 19-20)

A.Benoit

Reaction score
Hi I'm Adam,

I'm 24 and have noticed some hairloss since I was about 19-20. For most of those years I have been able to get away with my thinning patch at the crown by simply washing my hair everyday, by the evening it gets greasy and the thinning hair becomes very noticeable.

I have used Regain (minoxidil) on and off for 4 years, for periods no longer than 3 months, I stopped using it everytime my hair regrew as I simply cannot be bothered to apply it twice a day and put up with the matted effect and the straw hair it causes.

In this last year though, I fear I can no longer disguise the fact that I am now slightly balding and i have no more patience for Regain so I have been taking Finax for a month now, and I have been using tea tree oil and rosemary oil on alternating nights for about three months. My hair loss each day has reduced dramatically and my hair doesn't look dry and brittle anymore.

Now, this may sound odd but I'm not sure if the finax is working as I haven't had ANY side effects, which I was kind of hoping for just to indicate that the finasteride is doing something. I know i'll find out if it's working in a year or so but I'm just very impatient. My daily hair loss had reduced with the tea tree and rosemary oil anyway so I can't judge whether the finax has had any effect on the daily hair loss.

I would like to take Dutas too (instead of finax) but I'm not sure if it works well or can be trusted (it's made by Dr Reddy's).

I'd be grateful for any feedback and suggestions.

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: New to forum

I would definetely give finasteride more time (a year total) before considering dutasteride.