A few thoughts about my bald life

MadScientist

Reaction score
Lost hair when i was 22. called it my college graduation gift. grew up in a very rural area and went to a mostly male college. Had minimal interaction with girls during those periods of my life. Not that i was good enough looking to do well anyways.
Got a job in a small town after college. Was locked out of the local single bar scene, I seemed to be actively ignored by my same age crowd. later was introduced to one of them. she said they thought i was 40 while she was walking away and laughing. I remember she had a cute butt. One time I got together with college buddies and they tried to get me to go to a club with them. I didn't make the cut at the door. bouncers at the door weren't really rude about it, just said I would have more fun and spend less money at other places. I said it was fine with me. Made some jokes referring to hookers.
Since then have done a lot of international travel. Have had a great time with girls from Europe, Asia and South America. Also have been with several hundred hookers in my life. Nearly all were non American. Non Americans were much funner. would consider all of my hooker experiences very positive. More aggressive sex with hookers and more respect from hookers. have gotten vibe from american non hookers that they were doing me a favor or they were too shy and lame. American hookers either have too much attitude or seem scared of me. Have had opportunity to bring back foreign girls as wife, but health insurance here is just too expensive, like about $600-$1000/month for just me. double that for a spouse and triple if they have kids. its changing some now with the very high deductable plans but that poses risks too.
Have lived in the NYC area for about 25yrs. hookers used to very aggressively approach me on the street. I suspect the bald head means no gf and desperate. I would just say 'not now' and keepon walking. its not disrespectful so i don't get any push back and unusual enough that they have to think about it while i keep on walking. I have been in situations where i figure a non hooker (sometimes refer to them as civilians) have approached me and its so surprising to me i just say 'not now' and walked away. From the confused look on their face and since the scenario wasn't typical hooker environment, i'd guess in retrospect they weren't hookers.
in recent past have interacted with women at various events usually outdoor events in summer, something music, art, or boating related. Usually the scenario goes like this: i start talking to a guy or married couple i know vaguely or even a complete stranger. I have a pretty animated way of talking and can joke and laugh pretty well and bs about a variety of subjects. Girls see this and want to get in on the conversation. when I start to make any overture to the women about getting together later I've gotten some pretty aggressive rejection lately. One said 'do you actually think i would date a bald guy?'. another just bluntly said 'l don't date bald guys'. (In both cases they were both noticeably younger then me, mid 30s vs 50). In the past few years I've been at alot of outdoor events with a hat on. Rather than push for a verbal response I just take my hat off midway in the conversation to see what the response is. Most times the conversation just ends there. Sometimes the women seem to get angry that I'm testing them. Sometimes they seem shocked but the conversation goes on, but gets awkward enough that i just cut it off and say i have to be somewhere. I've also gotten some push back that i push women to hard for a sexual relationship and women just want to be an intellectual friend. I've thought about that some and pretty much decided for various reason i don't want platonic female friends, mostly because i know the relation ship will die pretty quickly.
I never wanted to have a family. for that matter never wanted to have long term relation either. just play the field and meet women and see whats available, so being alone at 50 is not a surprise to me.

orenbmo

Reaction score
thank you very much for sharing i myself am n1 trying to hold but really really appreciate you sharing your story and confirming me the truth which is like i thought .women arent nice to me becuase of anything other then looks also i think you should be proud of yourself for not giving a **** , sleeping with tons of females(i dont think you should give a **** about the fact they are hookers or not) and enjoying your life traveling the world and making th best out of it. i myslef am going to do pretty much the same other then saving some money using my looks to get sl*ts insead of hookers which honesly are ****ing same but free.

donyell

Reaction score
woww im depressed now

thx for the honesty tho

do u shave ur head or rock a horseshoe?

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
Man I am young (23) and balding inspired me to do a psychology major on top of my human bio degree. Its funny cuz I am even heads above my professor in social psych. Balding made me perform social psych tricks to a T. I do the same things and test women with my personality and then looks by how I style my hair. The response is night and day from when I have visible hair loss compared to looking like a decent density, high hairline, young intellectual. I see you do the same things with your hair loss with actions such as removing the hat. Its crazy how ppl change. People will relate it to individual differences, but no, psychology is a science. There are mental processes that drastically change when socializing with an attractive individual to someone more flawed. I think you did it right tho, minus the hookers. I wouldn't partake in that. But very interesting to hear your experience and how you handled it. But hey, mad scientist, at least yours is typical of the age. It can be a lot more difficult at a younger age, and I thank God the modern age gave treatments to this disease. Cool experiences, but I say your passed having hair if you slick bald, but like I said its typical of the age for you and may as well cope and live with it now.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is not exactly the most inspiring story... Sounds like you've had a couple of bad hands dealt to you, but still tried to enjoy yourself. Not sure if your attitude is a healthy one though, hookers and no platonic friendships... Not for me I think...

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude I just feel really, really sorry for you. From what you're saying I'd say you are really anti-social, it's so strange to just do things because you want a reaction, what's the point in that?! I did that when I was twelve, grow over it, we've all got our insecurities and weaknesses. You should live life the way it makes you happy but if you had my friends/family they would've already kicked your *** for being such a prick. You should try to be the person you want to be, but it looks like you just blame everything for your behavior but yourself. Your story is far from inspiring. Good luck though.

MadScientist

Reaction score
orenbmo - don't get me too wrong. there are more than a few american girls that will settle down with a bald guy. Maybe they had a beloved father or uncle that was bald and are familiar with it. I've just never felt like settling down. As far as the hooker thing, I've read that one of the worst outcomes is that you have too much fun with them and missout on having a long term monogamous relationship.

donyell - i do the horseshoe. I have enough hair on the sides and back to convincingly look normal with the hat on. In the summer I like to flirt & talk to girls and know its up to me and my verbal skills to interact with them.

ladysmanfelpz - I've only started doing the experiments in the past few years. I've thought about keeping a notebook with the experiment results then if i get in legal trouble for the hooker thing i'll show the judge my experiment results and maybe he'll let me off. just kidding.

GoldenMane - I'm re-evaluating the platonic thing. i don't want to see the kind of guy they do end up with, not sure if its jealousy or other type of insecurity but i don't want to meet or hear anything about the other guy. Also, I have worried that if i let some platonic women in my life they will find out about my hobby and there could be repercussions. guy friends are pretty good at keeping quiet. there are very good upsides about platonic relationships though. I once knew a really cute waitress at a dive bar, but she was suspicious of me but we did have an friendly-jokey relationship. after a couple years she introduced me to a cute of friend and said we were really good friends for years. After about a week I was sleeping with the friend. the friend told the waitress about the fun we were having the waitress wanted in. had a nice 3 way with them...

headless - don't really disagree with you about the anti-social comment. But about pushing women for a reaction- All i mean is that i'm trying to get them to meet me later for something or get contact info. If i don't I'll never see them again. there is 20+ million people around here. As far as the hat trick goes, I want them to know as soon as possible what their standards are. I don't want to waste a couple weeks talking on the phone or something then find out they are not interested in me because I'm bald.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Arent you always paying for it in the beginning????

Just keep doing your thing and have some fun. Who says you have to tell any woman about your "hobby", I hate when guys use that word for that. I have no qualms with prostitution. As long as its 2 consulting adults then have at it. Also I get what you're saying about pulling the hat off o get their reaction. Have you ever waited to take off the hat until you were out and saw the reaction?

I also understand your opinions on marriage and kids. I personally never want to have either. Marriage is a tax sham and kids are annoying.
But this makes it awfully hard for guys like us. My brother who has a perfect head of hair just hauls them in. I used to be good at it but I get ZERO interest since my hair has gotten so bad. It has nothing to do with confidence or any other issues, its looks and I dont look good since my hair is almost ALL gray and thinning. I looks like Im in my ****ing FORTIES!

Sucks because Im in the gym 4+ days working out and my brother doesnt work out at all, yet Im the sickly looking one.