a good text (its about life)

G

attitude is everything
think positive
bob/philly

LET IT REALLY SINK IN - THEN CHOOSE.
John is the kind of guy you love to hate. He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say. When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, "If I were any better, I would be twins!"

He was a natural motivator.

If an employee was having a bad day, John was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.

Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up and asked him, "I don't get it!

You can't be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?"

He replied, "Each morning I wake up and say to myself, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or ... you can choose to be in a bad mood.

I choose to be in a good mood."

Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or...I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it.

Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or... I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life.

"Yeah, right. It's not that easy," I protested.

"Yes, it is," he said. "Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people affect your mood.

You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom line: It's your choice how you live your life."

I reflected on what he said. Soon thereafter, I left the Tower Industry to start my own business. We lost touch, but I often thought about him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting to it.

Several years later, I heard that he was involved in a serious accident, falling some 60 feet from a communications tower.

After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, he was released from the hospital with rods placed in his back.

I saw him about six months after the accident.

When I asked him how he was, he replied, "If I were any better, I'd be twins...Wanna see my scars?"

I declined to see his wounds, but I did ask him what had gone through his mind as the accident took place.

"The first thing that went through my mind was the well-being of my soon-to-be born daughter," he replied. "Then, as I lay on the ground, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or...I could choose to die. I chose to live."

"Weren't you scared? Did you lose consciousness?" I asked.

He continued, "..the paramedics were great.

They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the ER and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, I read 'he's a dead man'. I knew I needed to take action."

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Well, there was a big burly nurse shouting questions at me," said John. "She asked if I was allergic to anything. 'Yes, I replied.' The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled, 'Gravity'."

Over their laughter, I told them, "I am choosing to live. Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead."

He lived, thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude... I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live fully.

Attitude, after all, is everything.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34.

After all today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

02. Forward it to the people you care about.

You know the choice I made.

thinking this way helps bob/philly
today is a new day start over as i am going to have a great day after this coffe in 90 degree heat laying in dirt, but its only going to be 7 hours, but a great day, as thats what i choose

get a grip on your life July 14 2006, 8:00 AM

ba said get a grip , i know you guys talk in english slang, but he is right. ak summed it up really well by telling you the way it is. my thoughts. FIRST i know you felt really bad and all and posted a wilded topic. i really feel for you, but this is life and i dont care if you are 18 or 50 yrs old getting worked up over hair like this is really bad and unnessary...slapping a piece on head does not restore values and confidence, it helps but is not the cure. if your friends are true friends, they will tell you how nice you look when your piece is on..if not they are not your friends, and the people at the pub were drinking, they dont give a crap. but homer you have asked great questions in the past and added nice topics. but always rembemer that hair wont cure everything. i am 44 and as i get older i think i would rather have great health and a bad piece then a great piece and bad health.
attitude is everything
think positive
bob/philly

LET IT REALLY SINK IN - THEN CHOOSE.
John is the kind of guy you love to hate. He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say. When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, "If I were any better, I would be twins!"

He was a natural motivator.

If an employee was having a bad day, John was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.

Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up and asked him, "I don't get it!

You can't be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?"

He replied, "Each morning I wake up and say to myself, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or ... you can choose to be in a bad mood.

I choose to be in a good mood."

Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or...I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it.

Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or... I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life.

"Yeah, right. It's not that easy," I protested.

"Yes, it is," he said. "Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people affect your mood.

You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom line: It's your choice how you live your life."

I reflected on what he said. Soon thereafter, I left the Tower Industry to start my own business. We lost touch, but I often thought about him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting to it.

Several years later, I heard that he was involved in a serious accident, falling some 60 feet from a communications tower.

After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, he was released from the hospital with rods placed in his back.

I saw him about six months after the accident.

When I asked him how he was, he replied, "If I were any better, I'd be twins...Wanna see my scars?"

I declined to see his wounds, but I did ask him what had gone through his mind as the accident took place.

"The first thing that went through my mind was the well-being of my soon-to-be born daughter," he replied. "Then, as I lay on the ground, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or...I could choose to die. I chose to live."

"Weren't you scared? Did you lose consciousness?" I asked.

He continued, "..the paramedics were great.

They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the ER and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, I read 'he's a dead man'. I knew I needed to take action."

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Well, there was a big burly nurse shouting questions at me," said John. "She asked if I was allergic to anything. 'Yes, I replied.' The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled, 'Gravity'."

Over their laughter, I told them, "I am choosing to live. Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead."

He lived, thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude... I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live fully.

Attitude, after all, is everything.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34.

After all today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

02. Forward it to the people you care about.

You know the choice I made.

thinking this way helps bob/philly
today is a new day start over as i am going to have a great day after this coffe in 90 degree heat laying in dirt, but its only going to be 7 hours, but a great day, as thats what i choose

CCS

Reaction score
attitude can improve how you feel, but it is not the cure. if women care about your hair loss enough that you can't get an attractive date, then you won't be as happy. sure you can have a good mood without a girlfriend, but if that is true, imagine how much better of a mood you can have with one?

I agree people need to stop stressing so much, for their own sanity. but that does not mean hairloss is ok or that we should not try to fight it. and it does not mean our dating woes are just because of our attitude and not that hair.

some people accuse people like me of being a self loather because i see my hairloss as a problem. but the fact is they loath themself even more for implying that they character is too blame. i hate the hair loss, they hate their character. which is worse? I think mine is less personal. The fact is, if hair loss were not a problem, and we just needed confidence, then why are all the guys who say this discussing propecia and other stuff in the other sections of the site. Just look at their regimen, and you will see that they care about their hair, and that they'd rather have hair than just shave it. i'm not trying to pee on anyone's happiness, and have said in my posts that you can still have some fun by doing non-sexual activities such as hiking, and you can still date someone if compensate in other areas. but i don't like it when people keep ignoring the truth and saying my sexual dissatisfaction is just my fault for not having a better attitude.

G

you know what, you got the whole text wrong. it says you can decide. you can decide to be in a good mood. and what is far more important. you can decide over your hair. like you did. you got a transplant. so you made a decision. you changed something.

One question. does it look natural and are you satisfied with it?

okay back to the text. i think hairloss gives you a minus, but not a 100% minus. just maybe 30 %. the rest is still your face, your clothes , your attitude. i bet you arent very pretty in your face either. or are you? because if you are , dont blame everything on your hairloss, even blame it on your face. okay now you should do something to compensate that. get muscles, get a good attitude.

and if you like get some more transplants. thats okay. absolutley. as long as you are satisfied with them for yourself.

btw. the text is from a forum of hair pieces. these people decided to wear hair systems. you see. life is about decisions.

CCS

Reaction score
my grafts look natural, and i love them, but they are thin. i got more recently, but it will be another 4 months before they start growing and an additional 6 months before the hairs mature to full diameter. I agree that hair is 30%, or maybe even 20%. i'm still bothered by that 20-30%. my face is above average, but it has a few flaws, like the pores on my nose and the squint lines betwen my eyebrows. i can fix that. i'm more concerned about my mild hunch back. if my posture were perfect, i would look just like a tall guy. life is about choices, and i'd be doing much better if i had ripped muscles. i can complain about my hair, but the fact is my face looks pretty good. I actually don't know how good it looks since i'm not a woman. but when I have not been squinting all day I become very mirror friendly.

G

im 22 years old too. and i wanna get transplants too. but with more than 30 grafts/cm². do you have thick hair diameter or is it thin?

because mine is thick. so i have good hair characteristics. i wanna get 75 grafts /cm² in the hairline.

i think that should be pretty thick.

good for you that you have a pretty face. if you have a pretty face, why dont you get a woman then? is it all coz of hairloss?