A novel approach for NW7s/diffuse? - i have a weird idea

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
step 1 would be to get a 'less is more' type transplant where your weak NW7 diffuse donor is sprinkled all over your head - something along the lines of this

example here: [this guy is even a norwood 8, if that exists]

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-l...time-category-2.html

step 2, would be to go to a studio such as this, where they tattoo fake stubble using micropigmentation onto men's heads; now the results are not good for these guys, IMO, because if a girl feels their head, there will not be stubble there; however, these guys havent gone through step 1, to get light stubble on their head

example of such a studio, with pics

http://www.histudio.co.uk/
http://www.smudge-free.co.uk/procedures-alopecia.html

with the combination of such a low density transplant as shown in step 1, and the micropigment tattoos underneath the thin transplant giving it a kind of a shadow as shown in step 2, it seems that it would look like a normal shaved head; you might look like a neonazi, but having that stubble underneath makes all the difference in not looking like an egghead

-------------
i think this actually might look good, for a vin diesel type look; ive thought about it, and it sounds crazy, but why wouldnt it work? im usually too optimistic about my insane ideas though, so someone more reasonable explain to me the shortcomings

Petchsky

Reaction score
Never heard of this before. i'd prefer this to wearing a wig, but tattoos are permanent, but i think it could work... What Norwood are you currently?

Gilgamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
i have a weird diffuse thing going on that makes it hard to norwood myself; i have deep recessions, a developing baldspot in the back, and signs i will eventually progress to NW7 like my dad

26 now, but not confident finasteride will hold the fort, so planning

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Gilgamesh said:
step 1 would be to get a 'less is more' type transplant where your weak NW7 diffuse donor is sprinkled all over your head - something along the lines of this

example here: [this guy is even a norwood 8, if that exists]

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-l...time-category-2.html

step 2, would be to go to a studio such as this, where they tattoo fake stubble using micropigmentation onto men's heads; now the results are not good for these guys, IMO, because if a girl feels their head, there will not be stubble there; however, these guys havent gone through step 1, to get light stubble on their head

example of such a studio, with pics

http://www.histudio.co.uk/
http://www.smudge-free.co.uk/procedures-alopecia.html

with the combination of such a low density transplant as shown in step 1, and the micropigment tattoos underneath the thin transplant giving it a kind of a shadow as shown in step 2, it seems that it would look like a normal shaved head; you might look like a neonazi, but having that stubble underneath makes all the difference in not looking like an egghead

-------------
i think this actually might look good, for a vin diesel type look; ive thought about it, and it sounds crazy, but why wouldnt it work? im usually too optimistic about my insane ideas though, so someone more reasonable explain to me the shortcomings

I have recommended precisely this plan in the past myself, I think its a great idea for anyone running short of grafts and who has had only FUE work done prior. Done properly it would be undetectable and allow one to pull off a reasonable buzzed look. IMO though it would work best if more grafts were used on the hairline to create a good front and then fill in behind with a reducing density & combine with the micro-pigmentation.

Petchsky - the tattooing done with this form of micro-pigmentation is not permanent, it gradually fades & so would need to be touched up once or twice a year. However this avoids the problem of permanent tattoos that tend to change colour, and bleed into surrounding skin.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I see, was thinking about it for a strip scar, could be cheaper than FUE, which will not always work in scar tissue.

Global, how do you find 2% spironolactone? And what do you take the hydro cortisone for? And i'm thinking of getting some Nano, you been using it lonhg?

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
I see, was thinking about it for a strip scar, could be cheaper than FUE, which will not always work in scar tissue.

Global, how do you find 2% spironolactone? And what do you take the hydro cortisone for? And i'm thinking of getting some Nano, you been using it lonhg?

Getting it for a strip scar would work, in fact some dermatologists tattoo scars without ink as the needling helps flatten scars so it may have this benefir too.

NANO - have been using since my hairloss started almost, as I can't use Nizoral every day I may as well use something which may help on the other days rather than just a normal shampoo. Anyway, I like how it makes my hair look although when you use a mixture of things like me its hard to quantify the benefit to hair growth/maintenance.

spironolactone - I find this fine, it dries quickly and doesn't smell as bad as some people claim, although I only use it at night.

Hydrocortisone - I use this only on my thinning crown to locally suppress the immune system. Hydrocortisone injections have been proven to regrow hair in male pattern baldness but you can't have injections indefinitely since the steroid thins the skin, but 1% cream is mild enough to use every second day.

powersam

Reaction score
maybe henna tattooing with microthick brushes/sticks could do the job?

definitely work as a better version of couvre....

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
could this also give more density to a hair transplant ?
for example : your out of the norwoodscale... but the density is not superhigh , could you tattoo between grafts to make it look full ?

i know somebody that has great hair after 4 hair transplant's , but his donor is almost up , and he uses dermatch on the scalp to give it a superdensity look... its done verry good , nobody can see a thing and his hair looks superdence and he can do almost any hairstyle , but would this technic be better ? sinds it can replace the dermatch ?

good idea or not ? you could go swim and stuff without to worry about the water...

if this tattoo would fade away in let us say 4 years , i would even be intrested in this... if it could give a thickerhairlook without any product it would be super...