A question of shedding...

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
Just had a quick question...

I see a lot of talk on here about people having a shed due to finasteride and / or Min but then a few here and there that don't seem to have noticed one.

I'm curious if there have been any studies on what percentage of users tend to have a "noticeable" shed? I would think the percentage is pretty high, judging by these forums, but then I could say the same thing about Gyno and it's supposedly only a problem for 0.4% of finasteride users out in the real world.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I have had several huge and noticeable sheds. Literally, hair falling out everywhere, in the shower, on my desk at work, etc.

NONE of them has had any cosmetic impact on the overall look of my hair. Sheds come and go, but my hairline keeps improving...

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
NONE of them has had any cosmetic impact on the overall look of my hair. Sheds come and go, but my hairline keeps improving...

Well, that's all that matters! :)

Hopefully, if I have a shed I won't see much cosmetic difference, either... though my hair is pretty darn thin on top so I tend to worry. I'm not too concerned with my hairline - yet.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just a few days ago I noticed that my crown is thinning. So, in my case, it has had a cosmetic effect. I've been on it for about 4 months.