A Slow Decline...

82JTA

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Firstly, thanks for the forum! I've been lurking for a while - reading about others experiences and success stories with all the great advice about treatments etc, has given me the confidence to finally do something for myself.

Anyway, I've always had a high hairline and my hair loss seems to have progressed slowly over a long time. Here's a photo from 12 years ago where, as you can see, I'm receding at the temples and hairline.

IMG_3936.jpg

Cut to now where it looks like I've receded a lot at the front and temples with a loss in density at and behind the hairline.

IMG_3869.jpg 2.jpg IMG_3898.jpg

I always thought my crown area was OK with maybe a slight loss in density. It looks OK dry in the 1st photo but a lot worse when wet - although the light was harsh with ceiling halogen bulbs and camera flash in 2nd and 3rd ones.

7.jpg IMG_3926.jpg IMG_3924.jpg

Finally this is how it looks (carefully styled) to cover everything up...

IMG_3921.jpg

I dithered for a long time partly through fear and being able to easily cover it up with styling. However this is getting progressively harder especially since I've just come through a very stressful period that seems to have accelerated things slightly with extra shedding at the front and sides. I find myself becoming really self-conscious about the temple recession being spotted / noticeable - especially for the future having read about how crucial your temple points are for your frame given I think I've got quite a bit of minaturisation in that area.

I do realise I'm very lucky in that my case isn't anywhere near as bad or aggressive as many guys have it especially given my age - 33. But nonetheless, I'd like to make the best of what I've got and finally do something to try and arrest the slow decline.

Anyway, I'd be really grateful for any comments or advice :D