A Story of Norwood 2 too Norwood 3

Blondilocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I've Just turned 21 and 5 months (Since October) had a hiarline of about Norwoord 2 now i'm at a Norwood 3 and i find it remarkably uncanny that this change occured exactly when i started usisng regaine, however i could be wrong so i'm not sure whether this was nature's doing or my own. Basically due to vanity i saw and heard about regaine as a product used to regrow hair and since my hair line had gradually kept creeping back from my teens i thought i'd do something about it. So i went to Boots pharmacy where they do a hairloss program and they talked me through propecia and regaine. Propecia sounded serious so i thought i'd experiment with regaine (this is back in october) however week by week for roughly 9 weeks i kept losing hair my skin became inflamed/ greasy and i had sevre dandruff. My hair line receeded from a thick norwood 2 to a patchy 3. I was in complete shock i knew nothing about the potential to shed hair whilst using these products. So i stopped using it? this was probably a mistake so a month later i started again an managed another 9 weeks and just couldnt bare it i felt like i was doing more harm than good. So in january i went back an got on propecia. Have been on it roughly 7 weeks and in the past few days have been pulling out terminal and vellus hair as if there were no tomorrow, i just wondered if anyone had gone through a similar programme of becoming disillusioned and stop starting and what kind of damage i might of done??? there are loads very fragile blond hair about 5mm long where my hair line used to be but noe dark thick hairs anyway to be seen where 5 months ago there was what seemed like a healthy hair line, but even though ive stopped ive seen no new hairs grow where once there were?

Any comments would much appreciated!

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it would be very helpful if you could post some pictures.

7 weeks on finasteride and 18 weeks on minoxidil is still pretty early - it is recommended to stick with them for 12 months at least.

antonio666

Reaction score
yes this story is common,i was on avodart for 12 months and that did nothing,by nothing i mean i lost about 20% of my hair,then tried spironolactone with avodart ,lost a lot more,now sincw christmas day 2007 have been on propecia 1.25 a day with kirkland 5% minoxidil and again still losing a load every day,looks like i am stuck