a useless post

hairforce9

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive been on rogaine for about 8 months and around the beginning of Dec i started taking finasteride. However, around that time my rogaine foam was fininshed and i was waiting for my shippment for rogaine liquid (i decided to go back to the liquid version). I revieced my package near the end of Dec so I was rogaine free for about 15 days. During that time shedding increased and when i finally started applying the liquid shedding increased even further, I also cut my hair short (1-1.5 inches). Dispite all the shedding my hair dosnt seem to be getting worse visually. I mean, by now i thought id have a bald spot due to all the shedding. weird.
anyways hopefully the shedding will subside and hair growth will commence.

hairforce9

Established Member
Reaction score
F UCK, its been almost 2 weeks on liquid after my 15 days of no minoxidil and im still shedding like a b**ch. Im loosing around 100 hairs aday. Has anyone stopped minoxidil for a couple of days and then got back on it?
when i started minoxidil I already went through this shitty shedding, now im going through it again and if im lucky minoxidil will just regrow what it caused me to shed. whats the point?

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
all i can say is just stick with it...i started shedding mid october and it finally now seems like its over...for the last 2 months or so..everytime i ran my hand through my hair..at least 10-20 hairs would come out..now none are coming out..or in the shower everytime id use shampoo same thing...now maybe 1 or 2..however i stopped taking rogaine in december and ive just stuck with propecia..kinda of weird though..my hair seems to be growing without the rogaine and my hairline is better now than it was a few months ago..all though my situation is weird..i know i dont have male pattern baldness....its just thinning hair..my situation is weird..dont even know how to explain..so i would say just stick with it..you cant do a dam thing about a shed except ride it out..and i wish you luck!!

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
its you just stopped minoxidil for a few days. Nothing much to worry, really.

stay with it...

hairforce9

Established Member
Reaction score
please help

Ok, Im stilling shedding like crazy much more then i ever did in my history of applying minoxidil (the last 8.5 months) and this been consistent. here my timeline

started liquid.....started foam.....started finasteride.....min free finasteride only.....started liquid again.....now
..may 2007...........aug 2007.........dec 2007............15 days.................dec 24 2007...........|
.......|....................|...................|....................|............................|..................|
_______________________________________________________________________________________

*my shedding started just soon after introducing finasteride

I really need advice, I know im becomming repetitive but now im beginned to seeing the visual effects of shedding on my hair. I seem to be losing hair where i apply the minoxidil which is my hairline and 4cm behind it.

Do you guyz this im shedding because of finasteride, the 15days of no minoxidil, or because of the swithc back to liquid???