A1e's Story - (25 / 2nd month update-2nd page)

A1e

Reaction score
Hey guys, i am grateful for finding this forum it is very informative and has a great community thank you all. i am a 1month forum surfer and first time poster, i just decided to share my story and give monthly updates in my fight with hairloss.

Good old days
up to almost 2 years ago my hair was awesome i had normal hairloss while washing my hair maybe 4-5 hairs lost each time. it was really great and healthy.(picture "a")

How does it started
i got fooled by my a**h** hair stylist and decided to use hair softener with brand name "Glatt" although i didn't have curly hairs that bastard persuaded me to apply it anyways promising it wont have any harm at all, and yes, i was dumb as hell back then, after that, my hair started to fall like crazy i couldn't believe nor could control it up until now, so i consider myself responsible for what happened after that. for a ling time i belived it was a bad case of chemical burn but i think it just accelerated the male pattern baldness... who knows!

Treatment:
almost a month ago i went and saw a dermatologist and he prescribed the followings:

My regimen:
Generic Finasterid(Finpecia) => 1mg/day in the morning
Minoxidil 3% =>2times/day
Irofolic(Tablet) => 1tablet/day
Multicomplex(Tablet) =>1tablet per day
Rinfoltil(solution) =>after shower i apply it to my hair
Nizoral 2% =>3times per week
shampoo:JF Lazartigue anti chute => before nizoral

Side effects/Shed/itch/dandruff
i have decreased Libido/sex drive and quiet frankly i like it this way better. it will be a win-win for me if finasteride starts working. i am single and this way i have a lot less trouble ;)
also i feel really tired most of the time which is unusual.
shed was reduced 2 weeks after starting the treatment but now it sheds maybe 200+ every time i take a shower sometimes it makes me a little sad but generally i have high hopes and don't mind it that much.
my scalp used to itch like crazy for the past 2 years but nizoral seems to work and dandruff also is reduced.

Progress:
Although it is really early but i think i see some really really small hairs in my temples but then again maybe i am dreaming or they were there without me noticing them till now.(I took the pictures with a crappy cellphone camera so sorry for their low quality)

So...
what do you guys think? are there anyone with hair similar to mine who can share some tips? or maybe someone similar with good results?

right now i am most annoyed by itchy scalp and if itchiness goes away completely i generally will be quiet happy, i have used nizoral only twice till now and it seems that i am close. other than that mainlining my remaining hairs and maybe a little fuller temples also would be great...

I am 1 month on finpecia and minoxidil and just started on Nizoral 2% this week

BTW, I am really hopeful although this is a cruel war! :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 280
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 362
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 328
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 251
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 312
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 2,785

GeminiX

Reaction score
Re: 25years old - 1 month update (with pics)

Hi A1e, welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for sharing your pictures, It will be interesting to see how you progress in the coming months and years.

A1e

Reaction score
Re: 25years old - 1 month update (with pics)

GeminiX said:
Hi A1e, welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for sharing your pictures, It will be interesting to see how you progress in the coming months and years.

Thank you very much. :)

A1e

Reaction score
Re: A1e's Story - (25 / 1 month update with pics!)

almost 6 weeks update

-well i am shedding like crazy maybe 200+ hairs each time i take a shower i dont know if all the shedded hairs specially those from hairline will grow back or not?!

-i think temples are a little bit worse.

- i dont know if these medications are good for me or not in the first place considering the huge shed!?

-sex drive is zero(i have no problems with this)

-i feel strange feeling in my nipples hope there isn't any gino in the way.(this is concerning i guess hope it goes away)

- scalp is less itchy after 4 times using nizoral 2% but it is still there(Itchiness and inflammation is my biggest problem!)

A1e

Reaction score
Re: A1e's Story - (25 / 6weeks update)

hey guys,

I was just thinking should i just change to Rogaine 5% or should i just stick with my 3% Min?

I dont see any results from Min 3% through these 6 weeks? also it has so much alcohol that just evaporates in minutes maybe less than a minute after applying it!
my main concerns are the temples.

So what do you guys think?

any help is appreciated :)

PS, I bought 3 month supply of Min and it is still enough for 1.5 months considering i am almost 6 weeks in my treatment.

A1e

Reaction score
Re: A1e's Story - (25 / 6weeks update+question)

JOE-91 said:
I hope you have good results, and your regimen looks spot on. But your happy about having zero sex drive? that sounds pretty messed up too me.

LOL, yes it is pretty much messed up you are right, but what is the point of it when it is pretty much out of reach for me for many different reasons so this way i have less trouble.

in other news, morning wood after almost 6 week absence is pretty much back and the pain in nipples has grown, i dont know if i will be able to handle the pain or should i just reduce the dose or drop finasteride altogether?

and also does anyone have any opinion about me switching to Rogaine from Min 3%?

Thank you guys in advance :)

A1e

Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
Do you not think about the potential harm that it could be doing to your body when a pill is changing that much of your sexual functioning? I don't know how you can feel OK when things are playing with your manhood!

you are right dude but for now hairloss is more important and those for "me" are small sacrifices... at least for now.

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score

If you are having sides you should lower the dosage of finasteride. Its been clinically proven tiem and time again that you dont need the full 1mg. Just .2mg is 80% as effective as the 1mg dose. So Break it up in to two taking.5mg for a bit to see if that helps any or maybe .25mg for a couple week and work your way up.

Minoxidil has been prove to be dose Dependant. So moving up to 5% will increase its effectiveness. Also remember that only a small percent of the Minoxidil is actually absorbed not the full 30mg as would be the dosage in the 3%. Rogain foam is good as it doesn't leave much residue but some people have reported no regrwoth or worsening conditions and other have report regrowth were other minoxidils hadn't worked. Kirlands is dirt cheap well liked on the forms but is pretty greasy looking once applied. Dr Lees is also well liked based off seamless appearance and effectiveness but can be price compares to generics. It falls in the same price range as Rogain Foam.

But if you have not had any sides from Minoxidil then the move from 3% to 5% should show improvements. The sensitive nipples however could be from either the finasteride or minoxidil. Remember one of the sides of Minoxidil does lead to water retention which can cause the nipples to become sensitive or swollen.

Personally I would lower my dosage of finasteride to .25mg for 3 weeks and see how its tolerated then try .5mg for 3 weeks. If this has corrected your side effects then after those 6 weeks I would then try to up the minoxidil from 3% to 5%.

A1e

Reaction score

adolobe said:
If you are having sides you should lower the dosage of finasteride. Its been clinically proven tiem and time again that you dont need the full 1mg. Just .2mg is 80% as effective as the 1mg dose. So Break it up in to two taking.5mg for a bit to see if that helps any or maybe .25mg for a couple week and work your way up.

Minoxidil has been prove to be dose Dependant. So moving up to 5% will increase its effectiveness. Also remember that only a small percent of the Minoxidil is actually absorbed not the full 30mg as would be the dosage in the 3%. Rogain foam is good as it doesn't leave much residue but some people have reported no regrwoth or worsening conditions and other have report regrowth were other minoxidils hadn't worked. Kirlands is dirt cheap well liked on the forms but is pretty greasy looking once applied. Dr Lees is also well liked based off seamless appearance and effectiveness but can be price compares to generics. It falls in the same price range as Rogain Foam.

But if you have not had any sides from Minoxidil then the move from 3% to 5% should show improvements. The sensitive nipples however could be from either the finasteride or minoxidil. Remember one of the sides of Minoxidil does lead to water retention which can cause the nipples to become sensitive or swollen.

Personally I would lower my dosage of finasteride to .25mg for 3 weeks and see how its tolerated then try .5mg for 3 weeks. If this has corrected your side effects then after those 6 weeks I would then try to up the minoxidil from 3% to 5%.

adolobe, buddy thanks for this great advice it really is helpful :punk:

at first i had some sides from finasteride and minoxidil but i decided to ride them out and i think now almost everything is back to normal except the very low libido. :whistle:

also i stick with the 3% min as it is very very easy to apply as it is in the spray form and during this last two months it has worked to some extend(more on this in the next post)and it lasts really long (each bottle more than two months) therefore i still have more than two months supply...

so all in all thank you very much once again for your great advice buddy :)

A1e

Reaction score

so here we go! 2nd month update!

hair is generally healthier and thicker i dont now exactly why, whether it is the Nizoral cosmetically thickening hairs or it is because of the finasteride or all the different vitamins i have been taking....

i had massive shed(around 200 hairs) each time i would take a shower after two weeks of starting the regime. now the shed is a lot lower (around 50 hairs each time i take a shower) but it still is very high according to some people here...

i dont think that i have any results from finasteride as it is very early still but i definitely am seeing some good results from Min(3%) applying on temples. i was a NW3-NW3.5 at first but now it has filled in the NW3 to maybe NW2-1.5 area. these hairs still are very short but they have made a little cosmetic difference which makes styling a little bit easier. min wasn't all good as it made temples bigger but i hope it will fill back in.

almost all the small hairs you see in temples was nonexistent before as my temples was like the palm of my hand lol

there are alos many small white hairs also which my phones camera couldnt take...

regimen:

Min 3% - 2x daily
finasteride 1mg
nizoral 2%- 3x weekly
Irofolic tablet(folic acid 0.25mg and ferrous sulfate 200mg)- daily
multicomplex- daily
Biotin- daily (added recently)

Attachments

• Front-flash-2nd month.jpg
    Front-flash-2nd month.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 243
  • left temple-flash-2nd month.jpg
    left temple-flash-2nd month.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 288
  • right temple-flash-2nd month.jpg
    right temple-flash-2nd month.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 258
  • right temple-2nd month.jpg
    right temple-2nd month.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 221

postit15

Reaction score
ahh nice progress with the temples with only 3% minoxidil! Good luck and hopefully they fill out more!

A1e

Reaction score
postit15 said:
ahh nice progress with the temples with only 3% minoxidil! Good luck and hopefully they fill out more!

thanks buddy and best of luck to you as well :)

yeah i myself was actually quiet surprised to see any results with 3% min in almost 2 month time. i hope those small hairs continue to grow and become darker as time goes by...

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I'm not on finasteride yet (plan to get on it soon though I think). Looks to me like you'll keep what you have if you stay on it.Good luck!

A1e

Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
I'm not on finasteride yet (plan to get on it soon though I think). Looks to me like you'll keep what you have if you stay on it.Good luck!

thanks buddy :) i hope so....

also i watched your story i think your hair looks fine but as you said just keep an eye on it and hopefully you wont see any problems :)

as for me, for a long time i didn't even know much about male pattern baldness i thought my hairloss is going to stop itself but time proved otherwise.... i think if i had started sooner i may have been in a better situation right now but it definitly is not right to jump on hairloss meds if there is no male pattern baldness to begin with.