A_DHT_Driveby story

A_DHT_Driveby

Reaction score
Hello HairLossTalk.com,

I have been lurking for sometime now and thought I would finally sign up in honor of the new year. Anyway, back to the topic at hand. My hair is constantly falling out diffusely from an inflamed scalp since Nov. 06 from what doctors have called either a fungal infection/seborrheic dermatitis or male pattern baldness or both. I've been to 6 dermatologists, 4 said it wasn't male pattern baldness, 2 thought it was, none of whom have been able to help me control it. It has improved some, back about 5 months ago it was very thick all over my entire head to the point where it was most likely suffocating my follicles.

Here is a list of what i have had either presribed to me, bought OTC, or holistic treatments that I have tried with very limited success: (* currently taking)

Olux, Luxiq*, Clobetastol, Nizoral 1%*, Nizoral 2%, Selenium Sulfide, DHS wZinc, DHS wSalicylic Acid, Loprox, Head and Shoulders (varieties), Neutragena TGel*, Appearex, Oral ketaconazole, Biotin*, Fish Oil*, B Complex*, Saw Palmetto, Apple Cider Vinegar (topically and I drink it)*, Finpecia* since 9/07

I have given each of the above at least 2 weeks to work, the best treatments have been the Apple Cider Vinegar and the oral ketaconazole, and to a lesser extent the Luxiq. The problem is that you can only use the oral ket. for at most for 2 weeks or risk serious liver damage. The drawbacks from pouring ACV on your head on a daily basis should be apparent. Luxiq should also only be used for a limited amount of time b/c it can thin your skin over a period of time.

If anyone, ANYONE, has any clue as to how to help me, please share. Here are my pics:

000_0006.jpg

000_0003.jpg

Some of my questions:
1. Is this in fact male pattern baldness? My primary derrm. that I saw for 6-8 months did a biopsy and saw no "clubbed" hair follicles and said he saw no indications of it outside of my temple regions. He only found the fungus responsible for my SD. He also did bloodwork and all levels came back good.
2. Half of the dermatologists told me to start on minoxidil foam, not my primary, but should I be doing this with an inflamed scalp?
3. I can routinely gently pull out, very easily, several hairs from all areas of my head, is this normal with male pattern baldness? Before the sudden and rapid onset last Nov. 06, I had zero hair issues. In a little over a years time, I've lost probably close to half of my hair. Again, does male pattern baldness happen this fast?

I appreciate anyone that read this entire post and can shed some light on my dire situation.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
use finasteride, minoxidil and maybe nizoral, drop other stupid shits

A_DHT_Driveby

Reaction score
So you would advocate using minoxidil even though my scalp has terrible seborrheic dermatitis? You don't see any inherent problems with adding a foreign substance to an already agitated scalp?

Anyone else have an opinion?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
A_DHT_Driveby said:
So you would advocate using minoxidil even though my scalp has terrible seborrheic dermatitis? You don't see any inherent problems with adding a foreign substance to an already agitated scalp?

Anyone else have an opinion?

I hardly found any problems with your hair to start with.

A_DHT_Driveby

Reaction score
the pictures must not do a good job of dpicting the situation. i have very thin hair all over and the scalp has persistent SD.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
A_DHT_Driveby said:
the pictures must not do a good job of dpicting the situation. i have very thin hair all over and the scalp has persistent SD.

It could be the pics, I honestly don't see too much problem of your hair judging from the pics.

A_DHT_Driveby

Reaction score
Putting aside the pictures for the moment, you would recommend jumping on minoxidil even if I have seborrheic dermatitis? I am trying to gain some kind of consensus on this b/c the "professionals" that I went to all seemed to have differing opinions.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
if thats the case, do finasteride alone and see how it works.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey emu oil or aloe vera can be very soothing for the scalp. It seems that emu oil tends to be even better though so give it a shot. I dont kow if id try regular rogaine, id use foam or dr lees non ppg formula if you have a bad scalp condition.

Also, try to find a good conditioner to help keep your scalp healthy.

A_DHT_Driveby

Reaction score
thanks dogs3. so being on minoxidil wouldn't further complicate my scalp condition? also, i ahve been on finasteride for almost 5 motnhs now and my hair is still falling out very easily all over. is it safe to say that I am not a responder?

A_DHT_Driveby

Reaction score
also, i'm losing hair all over, where should I apply the foam? how many people actually experience a shed from using the foam?

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
youl have to see for yourself with concern to foam, theres a lot of mixed reviews. But 5 months is nothing for finasteride. Keep at it for atleast a year before you assess things. Im at 5 months myself and my hair hasnt changed too much but im not worried yet

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairline/temples and all throughout the top of the head if you find it cosmetically acceptable, thats what works for most people

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have hair thats on the longer side it more convinient for me to use liquid so i can drop it in. However, recently ive been getting irritation and i think its from the ppg in the liquid. So i just ordered some foam and im gona give it a shot.

A_DHT_Driveby

Reaction score
ok please keep us (me) updated on your progress, we seem to be on the same routine and about the same durartion into our treatments

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Dog, you got good patient bro.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Dogs3 said:
whats that?

You have been asnwering his questions patiently.