Abc.123's Story - ( 21/ Help for Last Regimen)

abc.123

Reaction score
Hi,

I am 21 and from germany.

I noticed my hairloss, at the end of 2004 when I was 16.
It started out in the front hairline, at the crest to be precise.
Then the hair continued to recede at the temples.
The frontal hairline receded further and later on it continued with the tonsure, along the crest (Ludwig-pattern?!).

Now the Hairloss is peaking, and the whole uper head hair is getting thinner and weaker. also my hair in general (everywhere) is getting weaker, doesnt feel healthy.

starting in 2005, I used minoxidil for several months. then added finasteride and took them together, but only for a short period of time.
I continued using finasteride for over a year and stopped in 2008, because I didnt get any regrowth.

Since then my hair status got worse and worse, which is why I am now considering to take finasteride again.

Additionaly, in Dec. 2008 I got diagnosed with a thyroid subfunction (?!)
and started taking thyroxine. I started off with thyroxine 25 and it was raised to 50. 2 months ago I was told that my Thyroid levels are ok, so Im continuing to take thyroxine 50.
My blood was checked in 2005, note that I was 16 at the time!:

TSH: 3,7 mE/L
free T3: 4,1 pmol/l
freeT4: 11,1 pmol/l

the doctor didn't diagnose me with a subfunction then.

In 2008 when I started taking thyroxine: TSH: 7,6
T3: 3,8
T4: 11,2

I also have a seborrhoic eczema, which I cant "cure" (I know theres no actual cure)

Here's the plan for my new regimen:

finasteride 0,5 3 weeks on 1 week off
minoxidil (2 or 5% ?, once or twice a day?, Foam or normal one?)
Fluta or spironolactone (which product most effective, handy to use?)
KET-Shampoo 2%

NEMs: Vitamin B-complex
Biotin 5mg
Zinc 20mg
1 big cup of green tea
Omega-3 2000mg
DIM 100mg
Arginin 5g
Maca 3g
maybe Kefir topical? have you heard about it?

I am currently drinking viola-haulm/herb(?!)-tea against my seborrhoic eczema.

I would really appreciate it if you could give me advise on my Regimen, considering my seborrhoic eczema and the thyroid subfunction and advise in general.

I put all my hopes in this regimen, so I hope you'll help me with all youve go please :)

thank you!

Add:

I went to the dr again and apparently I have hashimotos thyroiditis.
My TSH was at 2,8 and he raised the thyroxine dose to 75 a day.
The Doctor said I could take 100 mikrogramm Selenium additionally.

What do yo think that means for my hairloss treatment and what other measures do you think I could take?

guitar66

Reaction score
Re: Help for Last Regimen

I may be in a similar boat- I'm waiting on thyroid/hormone tests at the moment...

As far as the Seb Derm goes, I recommend organic apple cider vineger "with mother". There is a company in the U.S. called Braggs that makes it. I used on my face and I worked great. It also works in your hair/scalp. I never gave my scalp enough treatment with the cider vinegar, however now I plan to in addition to my hair loss regiment.

abc.123

Reaction score
Re: Help for Last Regimen

My grandma actually produces her own apple vinegar. do you think I can use it as well?

how are you using it?

thanks!