abcdefg's stpry - (my hair and its losses)

abcdefg

Reaction score
I would like opinions on if I am losing my hair or not. These 4 pictures are my best shot at decent photos but the lighting and stuff is hard to get right. I know I have lost hair like density its more a question does it cross over into the worth treating it realm? I am trying spironolactone now but just at the very front because its honestly impossible to get through my hair. Not much family history of male pattern baldness maybe some like Norwood 2 or 3 on my mom side. My head is very itchy lots of hair fall out when I rub my head and its in the front now where my hair is now thinning. I dont want mature hair line I want to keep all my hair I have now but I also scared to use finasteride.
So I 29 now so without writing a book what does it look like?

Attachments

• IMAG0104.jpg
    IMAG0104.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 188
  • IMAG0108.jpg
    IMAG0108.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 169
  • IMAG0110.jpg
    IMAG0110.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 179
  • IMAG0115.jpg
    IMAG0115.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 198

Naltima

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: my hair and its losses

It's hard to tell from those pics. The hairline looks like it's receding a bit and the crown looks a little suspect. finasteride would maintain it for you but since you don't really want to take it maybe just keep an eye on it and if for now and see if it gets any worse.

abcdefg

Reaction score

Alright thanks. I would really like to avoid finasteride as long as I can. Its hard to argue that changing your hormone levels for the rest of your life by a pretty large margin is a good idea. Testosterone is bad for hair and propecia does raise it so that alone should cause some slight slow hair loss.

rogik22

Reaction score

your hairline kinda looks like mine right about now.. I'd say I have DiCaprio's hairline, but I've had that type of hairline since like 19..etc.. how about you? the crown is suspect too, and it's kinda like what I have now, but I have diffuse thinning all over scalp too.. except I feel like it's not as noticeable as yours maybe? do you have diffused thinning all over scalp btw? or you just noticing it at the crown?

oh and I have long hair too, but definitely longer than yours, and I've started using spironolactone on hairline and it's NOT that impossible to get it all over scalp to be honest, it's definitely not like short hair, but it's possible.

abcdefg

Reaction score

Yeah its has been diffuse very slowly over the years. Its not going that fast, but the thing that worries me a lot now is the front is very itchy and sensitive which happened recently and there is no question I am losing hair in the front now.
Let me say I do not have much faith in spironolactone doing a lot. Its a real pain to use it 2 times a day and just using on the temples makes them all oily and greasy I cant imagine using it everywhere it would literally look like I put gel all over my hair 2 times a day which is not something worth it to me. I can see why now when Merk did a survey if men wanted topical or internal version of propecia they overwhelming picked internal it would be so much easier.
I guess my only debate I have left is to try propecia or just keep losing hair.
When I was like 21 I had little or no hair loss maybe something like brad pitt I guess just straight full teenage hair line with no loss but I have lost a decent amount of density I would say even with Derms telling me dont worry about it you have lots of hair.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i would LOVE to have hair like that at 29

i would keep an eye on it, take comparable pics every 3 months. if you notice change (loss) jump on drugs

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah maybe I should try propecia like .25mg just in case. I can see miniaturized hairs there is definately some tiny colorless hairs, but maybe its just a mature hair line?