Abercrombie's Story (20)

Abercrombie

Reaction score
I have no family history of hairloss except for my dad who's a NW3 - NW4 case,
and I'm turning 20 in a couple of months. Last six months I've noticed my corners rise a bit, maturing, and it looks fine.

BUT I've also noticed a density decrease and my hair quality is lower than normal on top of my head. It's nothing you would spot without a trained eye but I can clearly see there's a decrease in density. The weird thing is my fathers hairloss were a receding hairline without any diffuse thinning, while my hair seems ( not sure if its really happening ) to be thinning a bit all over my head. WTF?

However, I have proscar at home, right in front of me, but I need to know this :

What happens if I take proscar without having male pattern baldness? Will i experience a shed? Cant you just take proscar without having male pattern baldness to increase hair quality?

I'd rather be on the safe side and keep what Ive got from now and 5 years on and then just shave it rather than wait and see if it gets worse and then act.

And I'm from Sweden so dont get started with dermatologists and what not, cuz it's not that easy to find and honestly, I don't really feel like going.

and finally, Is 20 too young for proscar?

Thanks!

Abercrombie

Reaction score
y, no doubt..but the thing is, I doesnt really matter how my hair looks, Im more interested in some feedback regarding the " eating propecia to prevent hairloss, maybe even before it's even noticeable "...and also what happens if u eat propecia without having male pattern baldness at all? is there anything negative to that?

best wishes from a VERY cold scandinavia

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
ok bro

if you post pics of your "loss"

people could either confirm or deny the need to use finasteride

IMO you shouldn't take a HORMONE ALTERING drug unless it is necessary

20 years old is kinda young to start taking finasteride
considering you still are maturing at 20

others on this site have used finasteride at 20
but then again they had visible hair loss and needed to do so

you do what you want

no one knows what could happen if you take finasteride without actual male pattern baldness
but then again why would you want to take a drug everyday
FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON FOR DOING SO?

keep in mind people are apprehensive to suggest the use of drugs
with just a word description
it's like writing an email to your doctor and having him take your word
that you need a drug without a visual diagnosis