Abiraterone and MDV3100

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
these are recent drugs used for prostate cancer. You know the connection, T and DHT, right.

Abiraterone is effective even in "castration-resistent" cancers. So it seems to reduce DHT below castration levels.

MDV3100 competitively inhibits androgen (testosterone and dihydrotestosterone) binding to the androgen receptor.

Now I know what you're thinking: go get castrated. I am just wondering whether such powerful drugs could somehow be used locally (via topical application for example).

some insights from those scientists here would be nice.

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair is one thing but dont get overboard - please look at your overall health. Have a good body, high self confiidence levels say because of your strong self belief or because you have a very decent job- ergo high confidence levels and women will still go for you. Become a ninny with a weak libido and bad health, and hence low self confidence, and you have ruined your health for hair...not worth it my friend, not worth it at all...

abcdefg

Reaction score
With the number of products already or being worked on that inhibit androgens so well already why take the big risk of trying some powerful totally untested drug like this? Seems stupid to me just use propecia until RU or CB or something else comes along that is safer or does a better job at stopping androgens.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Probably my fault of getting misinterpreted ?
I am not committing suicide yet, nor ruining my health for hair...

My purpose was just to let you know of these advanced drugs that do an extremely good job at inhibiting DHT. I also post them here just in case some of you would know whether these would have any potential in the future for topical or targeted application, whatever it is.

The fact that one of them achieves a stronger result than castration is quite impressive. None of our arsenal can do nearly that.

but I am not recommending or planning to use this.