about anti-inflamitorys.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
can someone educate me. Do they come in shampoo form? Are they helpful....what else can u tell me....with out nerdy smart *** answers.. . ha ha

Whoome?

Established Member
Reaction score
i believe they are called SODs if ya look at the Sod section of this forum u'll get more details.. and yes they are helpful , but only if your scalp's irritated , ie : redness, itchyness, pain and so on and so forth. Some common shampoos that are used to treat this are Nizoral, T-gel.

personally I use both nizoral and nioxin cause ya can't use nizoral everyday so i alternate and i've found that to be very helpful.

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
and yes they are helpful , but only if your scalp's irritated

Anyone who has dht initiated hair loss has inflammation, whether they realize it or not.

The is two types of inflammation: Tissue inflammation, and cellular inlfammation-the latter of which is involved in male pattern baldness. Tissue inlfammation can actually STIMULATE hair growth, as seen in people who repeatedly scratch an area on their scalp or body.

Cellular inflammation is present in ALL people suffering from male pattern baldness. It occurs a result of an immune response to dht. White blood cells are then attracted to the hair follicle, where they do their damage.

Do to this fact, I would seriously recommend a Cu-peptide, which virtually eliminates cellular inflammation, to anyone trying to fight MBP.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Just started tricomin a couple of weeks ago and I can already feel a difference in my scalp. It wasn't very irritated to begin with. It just felt a little dry and tight. Feels much better now. THe really nice thing is it's not messy at all.
I use an old Dr. Lee's spironolactone dabber bottle to apply it with. works great :)

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Would you recommend using Tricomin Shampoo and Conditioner on the off days from Nizoral? I want to use another anti-inflamatory but dont want to deal with a spray or a product that is like Rogaine. Would Tricomin do the trick like other cu-peptides?

Thanks,
Tony

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Pickart advocates an overnight leave-in. Shampoo is washed off within minutes, and is not likely to have the same lasting effect.

avri

Whoome?

Established Member
Reaction score
yea i agree... personally i'm been using American Crew sprays, they are cheapter than tricomin and they are both made by the same company that patented the cu-pepptite. Before i was using folligen, and that created more irritating than began with. After starting on AC which im sure has the same formula as tricomin, I've noticed a significant amount of decrease in irritation, but then again.. it coulda been the nioxin? who knows, either way it helped.

Whoome?

Established Member
Reaction score
just to clarify. I agree with avri regarding the leave-in.. I really dont think washing your hair with cu-peptide's gonna do anything.. u need it to be absorbed into your scalp, washing it off isn't gonna do much.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks!!!

I m goign to try the AC spray and see how that works.

Regards,
Tony

joe_mama

Established Member
Reaction score
Folligen

Folligen: For inflamation Folligen only states, "Often reduces itching and flaking associated with scalp inflammation". Isn't there any topicals specifically made for celluar inflamation?

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
yes, all three Cu peptides significantly reduce scalp inflammation, cellular inflammation and tissue fibrosis associated with male pattern baldness.