About RU58841 testing. NMR, HPLC, LCMS...

Vim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm considering to test the ru powder from one of the popular suppliers. My father is a good friend with a chemist that works at a local college and if it isn't too much of a pain in the ***, he will probably do it for free or charge less then usual.
The suppliers are providing nrm, hplc and lcms analysis as far as I know. So would doing these 3 be enough to determine if it is of the expected quality? Or is only one of those 3 enough to confirm it? I hesitate to ask him directly because I don't know how much work is behind this...

Koseu

Reaction score
It is possible to test it by NMR alone, but using LC-MS is nice indicator of it being the real deal as well. LC-MS and will also give some idea of the purity. Doing NMR on something like RU does not take too much time.

Vim

Established Member
Reaction score
Kouseu thank you for the reply, so NMR would be enough to test the purity and lcms to confirm it's real ru?

Donny J

Established Member
Reaction score
i would be very curious to know the quality of anagen inc's PRE-MIXED solutions over time. not sure how available your resources are, but that would be a great test, since they claim to have a 6-month pre-mixed shelf life at room temperature..

Vim

Established Member
Reaction score
I doubt that this test will be done in the near future