Ac88's Story - ( 22 /going the wrong way)

ac.88

Reaction score
Hello guys.

I'm a 22-year old guy from Belgium. I always had hair loss, but I also had lots of hair. However the last few years it became worse and it looked like that I was becoming bald. I decided to go see a dermatologist. He advised me a mesotherapy and Finasteride.

At 15 january 2010 I started with Finasteride. I still lost a lot of hair, even when I used finasteride. After this I decided to order Minoxidil 5% from Dr.Lee. At the beginning of june 2010 I started with minoxidil 5%. The combination of finasteride and minoxidil was great, I had no hairloss anymore and it seemed that I had more and thicker hair.

This was for the first 3 months, after this the hair loss started again. I'm using minoxidil for about 5 months now and finasteride for about 10 months. Now (since 2 months ago) the hair loss started again and I don't know what to do! Everytime I touch my head there are like 10 or more hairs in my hands. I know that it is normal to lose 50-100 hairs a day, but I lose almost 100 with only shampooing my hairs.

I ordered Xandrox 15% plus, I should get it within a few days. I am also thinking about starting to use Dutasteride...what do you guys think?

My questions are:

-what should I do?
-Is it normal that the hair loss has started again only after 3 months of using minoxidil (+finasteride)?
-Should I keep using minoxidil 5% or should I begin with 12.5% or 15%?

Thanks already

Greetings

Here I have some pictures:

These are pictures of when I was using finasteride already for 3 months

rjjfjc.jpg

6ye14l.jpg

These are pictures from one month ago

wkfczp.jpg

mrd660.jpg

11qmonb.jpg

My situation now is definitely worse than one month ago!!!

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: ac88's story...going the wrong way

I would say you have good hair (on the last pics). Visit your doctor again and tell the story. Possibly, you should do some analysis in the hospital and he will tell you the reason and what to do... Some medicines are good for one man but don't help another man at all...

ac.88

Reaction score
I already made an appointment with another dermatologist. Let's see what he says...