Acute hairfall overnight, totally Depressed !!

netfreak19

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am a 28 year old guy facing acute hair thinning from the last few months so much so that now i am almost balding. I have attached a couple of pictures of my hair from 2011 and 2012. As you can see in them, i had decent to almost good hair. Last year i went on a diet and also started working out. I would jog for about 5km everyday. This went on for a good 4 to 5 months at the end of which i had lost around 10 to 12 kgs. I did notice my hair quality deteriorating but not so much to attend to it immediately and so continued. Later on i went back to normal diet but continued to jog 5 days a week.

My father isn't bald nor was my grandfather. None of my father's siblings nor my mom's siblings are bald. So i was always under the impression that i wouldn't bald as no male from immediate family is bald.

Come 2013 and my hair started thinning. In fact pretty aggressively and would lose hair in bunches while combing or bathing or literally while doing anything. I have attached a couple of pics taken last week, in June,2013. As you can see i have pretty much lost it. It is very very depressing considering that i had good up until last year. I have no idea as to where i have erred for i now have a good diet high on proteins and also work out regularly for good blood circulation. Yet this happens to me :(

Presently i am pushing myself using Toppik from the last 2 months. But i cant put it in words as to how shattered i am for losing so much hair in so less time. Its dented my confidence big time. I am not sure if i am a candidate for Finasteride and Minoxidil as there is no one bald in my family. But i could be wrong. It would be really very helpful if you people can share your opinion.

Attachments

• 2011.JPG
    2011.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 191
  • 2012.JPG
    2012.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 176
  • 2013_1.jpg
    2013_1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 200
  • 2013_2.jpg
    2013_2.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 221

nikhil

Reaction score
Ive been through the same process. i din even take an year to lose more than 50% of what i had.
i ve been having the same diffused type of hairloss.
I Guess u better start from the big 3.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive been through the same process. i din even take an year to lose more than 50% of what i had.
i ve been having the same diffused type of hairloss.
I Guess u better start from the big 3.

This!

A short buzz cut would look a lot better for diffuse thinners. Your scalp is showing through you hair anway, whether it's long or short. A short hair cut gives the illusion that your scalp is showing because your hair is short, not because you are losing your hair!