ACV/Cayenne solution

kelly649

Reaction score
I just made my own Apple Cider Vinegar and cayenne solution today and tried it in the shower for the first time. I used a recipe I read on this site that called for 8 oz. ACV and 3 tablespoons cayenne (I actually used closer to 2 tablespoons cayenne because I didn't have enough).

Anyway, I went running tonight and then used the solution in the shower, dripping on my hair and then gently massaging it in. I then let it sit for about 3 or 4 minutes. As time went on it started to burn, becoming more and more intense. I thought this must be normal, but then it started to burn like hell. I quickly rinsed it out and just the smell of the cayenne in the air made me start choking. 10 minutes after my shower the burn has calmed down a bit, but still feels like a sunburn.

BTW, the burning sensation is mainly in the front near my hair line. I was at an all day outdoor concert last weekend and got pretty sunburned. Maybe it's the residual effects of the sunburn that made the cayenne burn so much.

Basically, I'm just wondering if I'm using too much cayenne in the solution or if the burning sensation is to be expected?

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
kelly649 said:
I just made my own Apple Cider Vinegar and cayenne solution today and tried it in the shower for the first time. I used a recipe I read on this site that called for 8 oz. ACV and 3 tablespoons cayenne (I actually used closer to 2 tablespoons cayenne because I didn't have enough).

Anyway, I went running tonight and then used the solution in the shower, dripping on my hair and then gently massaging it in. I then let it sit for about 3 or 4 minutes. As time went on it started to burn, becoming more and more intense. I thought this must be normal, but then it started to burn like hell. I quickly rinsed it out and just the smell of the cayenne in the air made me start choking. 10 minutes after my shower the burn has calmed down a bit, but still feels like a sunburn.

BTW, the burning sensation is mainly in the front near my hair line. I was at an all day outdoor concert last weekend and got pretty sunburned. Maybe it's the residual effects of the sunburn that made the cayenne burn so much.

Basically, I'm just wondering if I'm using too much cayenne in the solution or if the burning sensation is to be expected?

yes it could be a pretty intense thing AVC-cayenne...
you'll have to find a way it works out best for you.
I think you have to be carefull, cause it can damage your skin if the penetration is to intense. Burning sensation is good, but not when it's starting to get to intense, leave it on shorter or use less cayenne,
good luck with it, i think it can reduce itching from other topicals very well.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I've been doing the acv w/ cayenne since January - and I've noticed as I get nearer the bottom of the bottle - the burn does get a bit more intense. I assume the cayenne isn't dissolving 100%.

Pretty soon I'm going to be adding some apple polys to my acv w/ cayenne.

And when my alpecin c1 runs out - I'm going to add some caffeine tabs. I might not even wait for the alpecin to run out before I discontinue it - I'm a bit dis-illusioned w/ the stuff and it's not even that great a shampoo.