Adam's Story - (27/ No Regimen Yet)

adam61

Reaction score
Well I started reading here and other places around to get some good information about hair loss prevention options about a year ago. My hair didn't look too bad, but I knew it was coming soon. I also wasn't too keen on starting a daily prescription drug until I had to. Well a few comments from friends and co-workers over the last month made me reexamine.

I decided to take some pictures so I could post where I was at for recommendations. After having my wife take some pictures I realized the problem looked a lot worse than I realized.

Over the past 9-12 months I've noticed that I can run my fingernails through my hair I would completely fill the under part of my fingernails with gunk. What is this?

From my reading starting Propecia daily with Nizoral 3 times a week seems like a pretty standard treatment for someone that's 27 and just starting to have serious thinning. What results might I expect?

Just to explain the pictures the first was SHOCKING to me. There's hair everywhere up there it's just very thin, and with the picture I realized it's so thin it almost seems gone. The temples are receding at a slow steady pace but that never bothered me quite as much. Where am I likely on the scale?

Thanks for any help you can offer after taking my photos it seems I need to get serious about this pretty quick.

[attachment=1:14oi2wfa]hair1.jpg[/attachment:14oi2wfa]
[attachment=0:14oi2wfa]hair2.jpg[/attachment:14oi2wfa]

Attachments

• hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 216
  • hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 226

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Since you have a massive bald spot on the back, and your temples are destroyed far into the middle of your head, I would say NW4 - NW5.

You are married... time to make the best decision of your life and shave that hair of yours down. A nice buzz cut will be awsome for you.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
nice candidate for trying the nanominox-fms...
everything (nizoral/minoxidil/fina) in just 1 topical...
i would try to use topical fina first , sinds your married and want to keep your libido...

the junk on your head could be sebum/dandruff ?
look arround and try to put a regime together that may help your hair/scalp
aloe vera shampoo could calm your scalp down , you can use this with the fms...

if you want to have the normal big 3 produkt , you best bij nizoral 1% , and use max 3x week it , pre-wash with mild ph neutral shampoo, and after that put little bit of nizoral on your head and let it be on top for max 10 min... use not to mutch nizoral , or you can get a red dry skin...

buy minoxidil 5% , you can start with 1x in the evening and build it up to 2x a day...

get proscar/finasterid 5mg and cut the pills up in 4 or 5 pieces, take 1 piece a day

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
for me it looks that your a ideal candidate for first only testing the nanominox-fms , mutch people that use it , use other stuff 2 , if you start with this, then we will have a great vieuw on its performance....

its this , or do a big regime , or schave it off , but shaving it, will not saving it... hair will keep more falling of....

if you do use a produkt or regime, keep in mind you will have a shedding... so your hair will first be starting to look verry bad at first and after 3 months the hairs will start to regrow... just stick to you produkts , no matter what you see in the mirror...

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
Norwood 3V i think, your best bet is everything that works, aka the big 3.

1mg finasteride daily, minoxidil 5% and nizoral 2%.

You may not lower your hairline, but i think there is a good chance to thicken it up, and these meds work even better to the vertex. You have a good chance to get decent results. Just stay consistent with applications etc.

good luck.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jack82 said:
Norwood 3V i think, your best bet is everything that works, aka the big 3.

1mg finasteride daily, minoxidil 5% and nizoral 2%.

You may not lower your hairline, but i think there is a good chance to thicken it up, and these meds work even better to the vertex. You have a good chance to get decent results. Just stay consistent with applications etc.

good luck.
Agree with this. Good chance of regrowth in the bald spot with minoxidil.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Adam,

The two posts above mine give some great advice. Definitely do not listen to WorldofWarcraft's advice and do not look into starting that nanominox fms or whatever the hell it's called (it's pricey and in my opinion considered experimental).

Stick to the big 3 as recommended by this site:

1. Finasteride (1 to 1.25 mg per day)
2. Minoxidil 5% (foam or liquid)
3. Nizoral Shampoo every 3 days

You can pick up 2 and 3 at retail stores. For finasteride you will need a script from your doctor.

Use these 3 for a minimum of 1 year (preferably 2 since hair cycles take so long) then re-evaluate and see if you want to add more to your regimen.

In regards to the flakey scalp, you might want to make an appointment with a dermatologist that specializes in scalp conditions.

Goodluck, keep us posted with your progress.

FlashDance

Established Member
Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
Since you have a massive bald spot on the back, and your temples are destroyed far into the middle of your head, I would say NW4 - NW5.

LOL...I love your directness WoW...

rotsen182

Reaction score
im NW3 look at my pic, started on big 3 3weeks ago hope next year to start posting in "success stories"