adding low dose spironolactone as of tomorrow

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
so,
ive decided that im going to do it.
im gonna start with 25mg once a day, and see how that goes for at least a month.
if im feeling good and get no serious side effects than after 1-2 months im going for 25mg twice a day. ill see how that goes for AT LEAST another 2 months.
than if that goes ok, im going for 25mg x 3 times a day for another month or so,
and only than - if everything goes well ofcourse - im going to go for 50mg twice a day / or / 25mg x 4 times a day (because of short half life).

regardless - in going to get some tamoxifen, just in case, as a first aid for if i'd get the beginning of gyno.

in any case im not going to go above a total of 100mg a day.

than if that either - give me severe side effects, or wont do anything good for my hair (after about 2 months on the full dose of 100mg) im going to stop taking it, and consider using it topically.

my regimen also includes -
* 1mg oral finasteride
* 0.5mg oral dutasteride
* tretinoin gel (absorbed well like water and not like a lotion that leaves a residue) which i put after shower at night, followed by this TOPICAL mixture (at least half hour later):
* 15% minoxidil // 0.1% (1mg) finasteride // 0.05% (0.5mg) dutasteride // 10% DMI
* this followed by application of natural progesterone cream on the head and, well - on the balls
* DAILY nizoral shampoo (although i really dont think it really does anything at all)
* i also take some vitamins, minerals & supplements
* last but not least im now beginnig to take 250mg a day of aspirin for a better blood circulation

so
this is it
i hope any experienced spironolactone users would chime in and share their experience and piece of mind.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
my regimen also includes -
* 1mg oral finasteride
* 0.5mg oral dutasteride
* tretinoin gel (absorbed well like water and not like a lotion that leaves a residue) which i put after shower at night, followed by this TOPICAL mixture (at least half hour later):
* 15% minoxidil // 0.1% (1mg) finasteride // 0.05% (0.5mg) dutasteride // 10% DMI
* this followed by application of natural progesterone cream on the head and, well - on the balls
* DAILY nizoral shampoo (although i really dont think it really does anything at all)
* i also take some vitamins, minerals & supplements
* last but not least im now beginnig to take 250mg a day of aspirin for a better blood circulation

Your hair must look like this:
60b7984541906cbc7e3f3ec58f430102.jpg

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
ok there's some change of plans -
i thought i could cut the 100mg pills i have to 4 (thus getting 25mg piece x 4) but they break into tiny bits...
so im gonna have to wait until i'd get the 25mg pills (gonna order them soon)...

g.i joey

Reaction score
ok there's some change of plans -
i thought i could cut the 100mg pills i have to 4 (thus getting 25mg piece x 4) but they break into tiny bits...
so im gonna have to wait until i'd get the 25mg pills (gonna order them soon)...

just break it up and scale it with a digital double decimal scale. saves you the waiting time.