adding menthol to rogaine?

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
hey im curious as to know if i can do this? I found the menthol in revivogen was a good indictator of where the product had touched... plus it felt nice... if anyone knows about this or how much i should put in, or where i should even get menthol from. please let me know! :)

Sam

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
I suppose you could add a few drops of peppermint oil to it. It will have the same effect, and it is also supposed to be a mild androgen blocker. You can get peppermint oil pretty cheap, I get mine for $6 at GNC.

CCS

Reaction score
It is cheap, and fights androgens. But it might be hard on hair in other ways. I would avoid using it until scalp hair studies are done. So far all we know is that it is extremely effective at reducing body hair.

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
It is cheap, and fights androgens. But it might be hard on hair in other ways. I would avoid using it until scalp hair studies are done. So far all we know is that it is extremely effective at reducing body hair.

Maybe I should hold off at mixing up another batch of peppermint shampoo. However, I have not noticed any harm in the first batch I made, and J.A.S.O.N. Thin-to-Thick products use it as well.

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, I put peppermint in my shampoo once. No harm, though it can burn you more than lavender. I just don't know. I'd rather stick to the stuff with the most good info and least possible negative aspects. Don't through out your peppermint. Just load more lavender for now and read up some more. So far all the peppermint studies are done on body hair reduction, and it is just added to conditioners and shampoos for that reason. Some people think if it is in anyshampoo in any small quantity, that means it is safe, but I don't.

vanheldan

Reaction score
doesn't tricomin have menthol? you could just add that to regimen...apparently it works well in combination with minoxidil or finasteride