Adding minoxidil to finasteride regime? Please help !

puntigamer

Reaction score
Hi , i'm taking 1mg of generic finasteride for 5 months. I am still shedding. Before i started using finasteride, i used minoxidil for a year or so. I stopped using it because of the mess it made . Hair after aplying it ,was sticky. i dropped minoxidil and started finasteride. Now after 5 months , i m thinking of adding minoxidil to my regime. Should it be ok? will minoxidil work if i used it before?

thanks for your replies

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes

aj218

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As long as it worked the first time, it should work the second time. It should work even better considering you're on finasteride.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Do the foam. Works just as well(for me) and is less messy ect. Also get on nizoral shampoo.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
^ are there any studies to show nizoral actually decreases scalp DHT

puntigamer

Reaction score
This morning i've experienced massive shedding. :/ The majority of the fallen hair is short.. Is it normal? i also think my hair is thinner than it was. I dont know what to do. Stick with finasteride or what? i fu*king hate shedding.

- - - Updated - - -

and yes i use nizoral too. I ordered toppik just to see what it does. I will wait with adding minoxidil to my regime, bocause i dont want to attack my liver with so many chemicals

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
stay on it for at least a year

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
^ are there any studies to show nizoral actually decreases scalp DHT

No, I feel it works by removing buildup on the scalp well and giving the hair the appearance of being thicker. I dont think it actually directly helps, though I may well be wrong.