Adt2010's Story - (21 / starting to receed HELP?!!?)

adt2010

Reaction score
Hi guys :woot:

Im new to the forum just introducing myself and hopefully can get some advice from you all?

Im 21 and ive noticed ive started to receed by the temple area (just like my father) I used to have it longish and have some wild haircuts (I'm a hairdresser lol) but lately my hair is just making me feel less and less confident... My hairline around the temples has reeced back so much I've just kind of given up on it, I cant wear it certain ways because it just spurts out like a toilet brush :thumbdown2:

Ive been doing research into this whole minoxidil, rogaine stuff? I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE!

I've read they dont really work on your temple area? But i want to give it a try....

Anyone know anything about Kirkland Minoxidil 5%? ive heard its just as good as "rogaine" which seems to be a lot of people's winners?

Ive read if you can get hold of a 9% minoxidil that is good around the frontal recession?

Oh, and if i stopped using it would i continue to receed more than if i didnt use it in the first place? or just lose what i had gained?

Any advice or tips to a newbie welcome!

Thanks
Andrew

eth0

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 21 starting to receed at temples HELP?!!?

You need to be researching finasteride as this is what will ultimately save your hair.

Finasteride block the cause of hairloss, minoxidil only helps to grow hair. Without blocking the cause regrowth formulas become a little redundant.

adt2010

Reaction score

eth0 said:
You need to be researching finasteride as this is what will ultimately save your hair.

Finasteride block the cause of hairloss, minoxidil only helps to grow hair. Without blocking the cause regrowth formulas become a little redundant.

Has that worked for you?

Where do you buy it?

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score

About finasteride, you need to get to a doctor and get prescription for that. And minoxidil do help on the temples but they did not measure and stuff there on the trials so they are not allowed to say it do regrow there i've heard. You see some proofs on the on the succes stories section.

Unless it is really bad and if you are willing to do finasteride even tho it got some sides, i suggest you to start on finasteride and do a keto 2% shampoo like nizoral every 3rd day for 6 - 12 months first. If it dont work as you wanted add something. That way you might not end up doing both finasteride and minoxidil when finasteride alone might have bin enough... Only 1 pill every day instead of pill AND a topical make it extremely easier if it was not nessesary.

adt2010

Reaction score

MrBastard said:
About finasteride, you need to get to a doctor and get prescription for that. And minoxidil do help on the temples but they did not measure and stuff there on the trials so they are not allowed to say it do regrow there i've heard. You see some proofs on the on the succes stories section.

Unless it is really bad and if you are willing to do finasteride even tho it got some sides, i suggest you to start on finasteride and do a keto 2% shampoo like nizoral every 3rd day for 6 - 12 months first. If it dont work as you wanted add something. That way you might not end up doing both finasteride and minoxidil when finasteride alone might have bin enough... Only 1 pill every day instead of pill AND a topical make it extremely easier if it was not nessesary.

is 5mg tab of finasteride better?

how easy is it to get a prescription of it from the Doctor?

eth0

Established Member
Reaction score

adt2010 said:
Has that worked for you?

Where do you buy it?

Yes, you'll find most people on this board use finasteride apart from the ones who experience side effects.

I get mine from inhouse pharmacy as do many people on this board. You don't need a prescription although it is advised to get a blood test and advise your doctor of what you plan on doing. This way you can keep an eye on your hormones before and during.

I'm sure you'll read some scare stories about the possible side effects of finasteride, but I personally experience none as do the majority of people.

adt2010

Reaction score

wow its expensive. surely getting a prescription through a doctor is cheaper?

rg80

Reaction score

If you know someone who is working in a pharmacy will give you Proscar easily. :)

eth0

Established Member
Reaction score

if you go to the doctors he'll prescribe you Propecia which is the trademark name Merck sell it under. From memory this is around $60 per month.

I buy generic finasteride which is marketed under the name Finepica and manufactured by an Indian company called Cipla. It's essentially identical to Propecia, you just aren't paying for the trade name. Mine works out at about $5 per month.

http://www.inhousepharmacy.co.uk/hair-l ... pecia.html

adt2010

Reaction score

ive ordered 90 pills to trial on thanks,, im going to use minoxidil 5% with it, sound good?

eth0

Established Member
Reaction score

It depends how bad your hairloss is. You might not need minoxidil at this stage.

adt2010

Reaction score
also, i ordered 1mg of the stuff. ive seen people split the tab into 5 pieces? is this to just introduce urself to it? what would happen if i took the whole 1mg?