Advanced Hair Loss- Starting Regime Today

Dave482

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I took my first Propecia tablet today and will be getting some Regaine in the next few days as well. I've taken some pictures in different light conditions so you can get an idea of the extent of my hair loss.

As you'll see from the pictures, the recession of the hairline (particularly the right side) has gone quite far and the overall thinning on the top has also.

My intention is to continue taking Propecia and Regaine foam but also change my lifestyle and diet and see what happens over a period of a few months. I've heard things about shedding after starting treatment and am kind of concerned because if I shed anymore, there will be nothing left at all.

Can anybody tell me whether they've had much success with turning around hair loss as advanced as mine?

Thanks, Dave.

Attachments

• IMG_0643.JPG
    IMG_0643.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0648.JPG
    IMG_0648.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0696.JPG
    IMG_0696.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0707.JPG
    IMG_0707.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 267

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen it happen, but only on the really extreme regimens, like the people here who take spirolactone, and other drugs like tamoxifen to counter the side effects.

Dave482

My Regimen
Reaction score
What kind of extreme regimens are we talking about? I've got a lot of hairs that don't show up well in the pictures that are in the miniaturisation process. If I could get these hairs to regrow thick again it would make quite a difference

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish you the best. You're pretty advanced, but you never know, you might be a great responder to treatments. If not, you can consider the transplant route if you have decent donor supply

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What kind of extreme regimens are we talking about? I've got a lot of hairs that don't show up well in the pictures that are in the miniaturisation process. If I could get these hairs to regrow thick again it would make quite a difference

The extreme regimens are the ones that have the potential to screw with the rest of your body via hormone imbalance. Propecia can do this to some extent with libido, but stuff like spirolactone can have a feminizing effect on your body. You're more likely to regrow hair on it, but it can cause stuff like breast growth, fat redistribution, and genital shrinkage.

In other words, men using this could very well lose their masculinity if the treatment is not handled properly.

Last edited:

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want to sound discouraging and like AIDidaS said, great results can happen, but it's rare at your stage.

Stick with the finasteride and minoxidil for the next year and see what happens, but it's unlikely that you'll see much cosmetically significant regrow. What I'm saying is, don't set your hopes too high.

Dave482

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies. I've actually started to see miniaturisation of the hairs around the hairline already. Did many people experience this after only a few days of treatment? I've taken 1 Propecia each day since Friday and applied my first bit of minoxidil foam today, it almost seems like it was the minoxidil that did it because I didn't really notice it yesterday.

Isn't the hair supposed to fall out and grow back thinner rather than get thinner while its still growing?

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Personally if i was you id save your money and energy. Your very advanced and already shaven down. minoxidil and finasteride wont bring your hairlike back.