Advanced Hair Studio

simo

Reaction score
Hey thinking of doing the laser teatment with AHS... Its 6 months with 18 sessions. The cost is 4300 euros.

It includes all the lotions, shampoos, tabs etc etc

Has anyone else used them for this? does anyone think that the laser makes much diference? as i could probably get all the chemicals/lotions from a chemist (similar anyway) and just use them myself?

just that i don't really quite beleive the photos as many have different hairstyles or are photo'd from different angles... like come on i can make my hair look better depending on how i brush it!

Tks Simon

indie85

Established Member
Reaction score
Personally, if i was looking to spend that kind of money then Id probably go for hair transplant as the results are permanant. You'd have to maintain some kind of treatment forever after this course to keep the results.

simo

Reaction score
thing is my hair will still fall out, so i'd be chasing a problem all the time. Also if everthing else fails, then i'll shave my head, and i don't want nasty scar marks or stubber hair which will make it obvous....

I'm just a bit miffed that theres not lots of user reviews on the web for this service... i dunno maybe no news is good news??

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
4300 euros could probably supply you with all finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil, nizoral etc you need for the next decade - and they are proven to work. Look a round here for photos and clinical trials results. Or try a hideously expensive laser treatment which, even if it does work (and I'm personally very skeptical), will need to be repeated again and again to maintai the benefits.

simo

Reaction score
The liquids they give you contains some of that stuff

The stuff you rub into your scalp twice daly has minoxidil in it and also other stuff. i think the Antiandrogen/dht inhibitor has saw palmetto in it, so its herbal...

I think the idea of the laser is to get the blood flow / food supply going in your scalp so that the new hair from the minoxidil stays and get stronger and thicker??...

Supposely most people just end up using the herbil dht inhibitor when finished the laser treatment and that sufficant to keep your hair as it is...

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say give it a wide berth at that sort of price buddy. You can get all the minoxidil in the world for the amount of money they're charging. stick to finasteride, minoxidil and save yourself a packet!

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
I know they have some kind of guarantuee that you might think is powerful, but read between the lines and you will see that it's everything but concrete.

One can wonder if the results patients get by using all those sub products helps more then the laser..

I would not called it a scam, they have a interesting technique in their laser cannons, however, I think the cost is outrages and I'm not sure laser is 100% safe.

In which country will this be performed?

simo

Reaction score
it will be in ireland... I've decided not to do it.... I'm meeting my doctor, who will prescribe me something with minoxidil and hoping he'll give me a dht inhibitor... also I'll take some sort of vitiman inriched tablets, maybe just with silica or something... and I'll buy the hair max laser comb...

Total price
250 euros lost on my deposit on hair clinic
Medication free (most of it as its perscription{don't ask}) maybe 500 per year budgeted just encase some of its not percription, say vitimans
Laser comb 550

Total cost for year one = 1300 veris 3700 (they've reduced their cost, to try to persuade me) for 6 months and l don't have to travel to them to use the laser!...

I recon the difference of my home "kit" V's theirs will be minimal... if anything works at all!

Any thoughts.. any ideas of what i should ask my Doctor to prescribe (they need to be prescription med's for me to get them for free)

If there's a proven herbal dht inhibitor, I'd be keen on that... or is there a complete package which contains all chemical??

Pondle

Reaction score
Just get on the Big 3:
Proscar (either ask your Doctor to prescribe or buy from inhouse, cut into quarters or fifths & take one per day)
Minoxidil (get the Rogaine foam)
Nizoral (from your local pharmacy)

simo

Reaction score
Thnaks Pondle

Nizoral (from your local pharmacy), how often do you use this... i thought it was just anti dandruff... why would you use this?

Proscar; is this the DHT inhibitor? loads of side effects???

simo

Reaction score
Heres my contact cancellation letter... I feel much happer now that i decided that i wasn't going to get ripped off

Hi I would like to terminate my Advanced Hair Studio Contract for Advanced Hair Loss and Laser Therapy Program.

I would like to terminate my contract under clause 3a. The reimbursed money can be credited back to my credit card or by cheque.

I have decided to not to go ahead with the program as, in my opinion it’s too expensive, and not value for money. With online research and discussions with my doctor, I can use off shelf products that are similar to those used at the studio at a fraction of the cost (I receive prescription drugs for free). I can even use a hand held laser product, if I feel necessary, in the comfort of my home.

I request you do not send me promotional documents or contact me in the future unless it is directly related to reimbursing the remaining of my money.

Regards,

Pondle

Reaction score
simo said:
Thnaks Pondle

Nizoral (from your local pharmacy), how often do you use this... i thought it was just anti dandruff... why would you use this?

Proscar; is this the DHT inhibitor? loads of side effects???

I use Nizoral two or three times a week in place of my normal shampoo. There are studies that indicate it can have marginal benefits for male pattern baldness sufferers, at least in terms of thickening hair and reducing shedding. However, it's not to be used alone. See http://www.hairlosstalk.com/download/nizoral.pdf

Proscar is the 5mg version of finasteride. Finasteride is a DHT inhibitor and the cornerstone of most people's anti-hair loss regimen. Adverse reactions only affected <2% of men in the clinical trials. I've been totally fine.

Petchsky

Reaction score
simo said:
Heres my contact cancellation letter... I feel much happer now that i decided that i wasn't going to get ripped off

Hi I would like to terminate my Advanced Hair Studio Contract for Advanced Hair Loss and Laser Therapy Program.

I would like to terminate my contract under clause 3a. The reimbursed money can be credited back to my credit card or by cheque.

I have decided to not to go ahead with the program as, in my opinion it’s too expensive, and not value for money. With online research and discussions with my doctor, I can use off shelf products that are similar to those used at the studio at a fraction of the cost (I receive prescription drugs for free). I can even use a hand held laser product, if I feel necessary, in the comfort of my home.

I request you do not send me promotional documents or contact me in the future unless it is directly related to reimbursing the remaining of my money.

Regards,

You made the right decision. AHS are crooks that give marginal results for a high cost. Essentially the most effective thing your paying for is minoxidil and you can by that for next to nothing. The lasers don't even have much scientific research behind them....