Advecia v Provillus v Procerin??

abcde

Reaction score
Newbie here

I'm a 27 year old who has been suffered from hair loss for 2/3 years now; I still have ok coverage but with a patch at the back and a rapidly receding hairline! I have now decided to do something about it...

I am not interested in taking Propecia because of some of the life changing side effects, or any other drugs. I am however interested in taking a herbal vitamin (one of the above) as I want to try a natural DHT Blocker (I also suffer from minor acne and greasy skin so figure it's all related to excess DHT).

So... I was wondering whether anyone had used any of the above. I am put off by Pro cerin because of the so-called shedding stage. Do the other two have such a stage?

Also, if anyone has done any research is there a general consensus which is the most effective?

Thanks for your time ... and hopefully help ;)

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Advecia v Provillus v *********??

I suggest you stick to FDA Approved medications for your hair loss, if you care about your hair.

Provillus is a scam to me. Really it is. It is an insanely expensive concoction. There has been no proof that any of those things work in hair loss. Maybe Saw palemetto does a little something. I am very sure your hair will keep getting worse if you take provillus or something else that is natural.

I am on finasteride for 5 days now, and have not even had the slightest of side effects. Just like most people. It is worth trying. I put it off for MONTHS! Just because I read some crap online. The point is, it is FDA approved for hair loss. YAY!

ALSO, FDA CLEARED for safely. VERY few people see very bad reactions to it. But those usually go away. Get on it! I am trying to help you here. GET on it, keep your hair.

I have only read bad things about provillus, never good things. You can also easily obtain the same ingredients for 1/millionth of the price they sell it for! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

good luck

abcde

Reaction score

Cheers for your comments. I'm adamant I don't want to risk taking Finasteride (I presume this is the same as Propecia) as, quite simply, I would rather hair loss than some of the potential side effects!

Would be very keen to hear people's views on natural / herval help? I'm currently taking Saw Palmetto, and was going to upgrade to Advecia / Provillus / Procerin but there are mixed reviews on the web (plus it's impossible to know which not biased for the wrong reasons).

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score

If you are on a natural regimen you will lose your hair.

Take propecia. If you get side effects, consider continuing or just simply stop.

Chances are very very very good you won't experience ANY side effects. Just like me and millions of others.

abcde

Reaction score

Thanks for your thoughts; I've read so many stories (admittedly they're the ones you're likely to hear from!) about a loss of libido and I know there's a small chance of becoming infertile - this is something I don't want to risk at my age so would rather avoid taking the gamble (although I appreciate the chances are slim). Plus the long term side effects are relatively unknown given the early stages of the drugs use, so I'd like to avoid.

If anyone has any more thoughts, they will be appreciated...

abcde

Reaction score

I don't mean to offend anyone - I'm simply relaying what I've read all over t'internet - I'm sure the chances are slim etc etc but we all have to make a choice and I've made mine. I know this has positive effects on many but I've decided to go down the natural / herbal route so if anyone has any advice it would be appreciated...

flat_pro

Reaction score

I'm currently taking finasteride and Rogain. I'm looking at all natural treatments as I don't like the idea of being on any drug for a long period of time.

From reading a lot of sites I think it's impossible to say how effective they are. I don't think 'all natural' treatments can get FDA approval. However they can do clinical trails, and if they really worked as well as they are meant to I'm sure someone would be willing to pay for it. I guess the clinical trail wouldn't have to be on such a scale as finasteride, just undertaken at a university on 20 or so people (who would prob take it for free) .

So, I guess, I, or anyone else, just don't know how effective they are.

I would say you could buy all the stuff in the tablets from a health shop for a lot less then they cost.

I would advise trying finasteride and rogain for a few months. See if you have any problems, then maybe just do it every other day. But I can't say I think you will have to same results on herbal stuff.

Hope that helps.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score

KeepTheHair said:
If you are on a natural regimen you will lose your hair.

And this is based upon what, your experience(s)? A natural regimen can stop one's hair loss, based on my experience.

I started thinning in my early thirties, and found commercial hair loss supplements to be effective in my initial stages of hair loss. They, unfortunately, would lose their effectiveness in a relatively short period of time though:

nirecorP - spelled backwards (relatively effective for a two - three month period)

Advecia - the old version, consisting mainly of vitamins and minerals (quite effective for a brief period)

Advanced Shen Min For Men (very effective during my initial stages of hair loss)

Hair Genesis (ineffective)

Revivogen (ineffective)

Applepoly topical (ineffective), Booster capsules (very effective for a brief period)

Hair Again (ineffective)

DHT blockers: nettles, pygeum, pumpkin seed, saw palmetto, beta sitosterol (effective for a brief period)

EFAs: borage oil, fish oil (quite effective for a couple of months)

At my worst (fall 2007), I was probably pushing a Norwood 3 (see-through temples and crown). My regimen at that time was based on a hair loss supplement by L'Oréal: It included green tea extract, grape seed extract, and taurine. In addition, I used the Hair Again topical. And this regimen did absolutely nothing for my hair loss.

After I aggressively sought out herbal, vitamin, and mineral supplements which could lower inflammation, reduce cholesterol levels, facilitate the metabolism of insulin, and remove heavy metals, I began to experience a more sustained level of success: Fast forward to today, and I am about a NW1.5.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score

Nope.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score

KeepTheHair said:

So your opinion is not based upon personal experience. You would do well to educate yourself before writing from a point of ignorance.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score

Nope.
:whistle:

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score

Male pattern baldness can NOT be cured naturally. If you cured your whatever weird form of hair loss then congrats man. Good for you.

But it can not be done naturally for male pattern baldness.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score

KeepTheHair said:
Male pattern baldness can NOT be cured naturally. If you cured your whatever weird form of hair loss then congrats man. Good for you.

Have you (or anyone else, for that matter) found the "cure" for male pattern baldness? :bravo:

Again, ignorant.

adam1984

Reaction score

Me experience

I tryed Procerin for about 6 months, found first 2 months i lost less hairs than normal but then then months 3 to 6 (when i stopped) i lost loads was scary!

I then moved on to provillus, i used this for about 3-4 months and found nothing changed at all. TO be honest i really think these herbal drugs do very little to stop losing the hair. they just make the hair healthyer but dont stop it from falling out.

I am now on NISIM biofactors and my god they are brilliant. The shampoo really does cut the amount of hair you lose, and i really do think you could double even triple your hair life. So instead of being bald at 30 be bald at 35/40. Ok moving on the next product they offer, this is a extract gel that you apply daily. I have only been using this for about a week but supposily it will bring back hair lost in the last 5 years. Anything over that it wont work with so its probably aimed more at younger people. Thankfully i am only 25 so this is perfect for me. I am not sure if this works or not only just started but reviews and pictures i have seen point to some good results. the web is nisim dot com. I really would check it out.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score

The Natural said:
KeepTheHair said:

Have you (or anyone else, for that matter) found the "cure" for male pattern baldness? :bravo:

Again, ignorant.

What are you on about ? There is no cure. Only treatments, but they definitely do something. Not enough though.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score

adam1984 said:
Me experience

I tryed ********* for about 6 months, found first 2 months i lost less hairs than normal but then then months 3 to 6 (when i stopped) i lost loads was scary!

I then moved on to provillus, i used this for about 3-4 months and found nothing changed at all. TO be honest i really think these herbal drugs do very little to stop losing the hair. they just make the hair healthyer but dont stop it from falling out.

The dosage contained in most commercial hair loss supplements is often not enough to produce sustained results.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah, or it just doesn't work.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score

KeepTheHair said:

With a medicine cabinet stock full of drugs and such, what on earth possesses you to troll here, in the natural section of this forum?

ezmbh

Reaction score

The Natural said:
KeepTheHair said:

With a medicine cabinet stock full of drugs and such, what on earth possesses you to troll here, in the natural section of this forum?

the natural, I like your responses.. People often forget that there is little incentive in 'peer reviewed' clinical trials of "natural" substances or even FDA approval simply because there is no money to be made in a "natural" solution.

I have been reading about natural solutions but i only took little action so far.. I want to educate myself first.. I also rather shave my head than take a pharmaceutical.

I am compiling a list of things to add to the diet and other options. What did you find worked for you the best?

Thanks