Advice About Whether I Should Continue To Take Saw Palmetto

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok so my first attempt at stopping hair loss was with Minoxidil and i had odd side effects that forced me to stop, so i decided to switch to Emu oil and Castor oil

Then i bought an DHT blocker with Saw palmetto,nettle,pumpkin, beta sitosterol and biotin and have been taking it for about 3 months now

In that time i have had a few side effects like reduced libido and looking at my pillow recently i can say that there might be abit of shedding going on and i have never been a big shedder so its quite surprising to see.

I am at that point now where i am questioning whether i should continue to use this product as i have heard some stories that while some say the shed is a good thing others say the shed doesn't grow back and i can't say i have noticed any growth yet beyond having some peach fuss on the right side of my temple but thats been there months now and i can't tell whether its ever gonna become more then that (i continue to hope it does)

My hair continues to recede back and i dunno whats helping or making things worse anymore.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's luck of the draw, some people respond well, others don't. Some people get a shed and it comes back, others don't.

I would keep on it and see how it goes.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't trust nettle, some sources say that although it inhibits 5ar, it also deactivates SHBG :/

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My hair is currently at a point where it looks so thin and i have lost alot of ground in the last 2 weeks around the temple area.

Oddly enough i noticed my hair looked the most thin after i used nizoral the one time a few weeks ago and it doesn't feel like its recovered since.

Its all a gamble, it might be natural receding but i hope i didn't make it worse by using these DHT blockers since thats the opposite of why i was using this stuff.

I am now completely lost about what the right decision is going forward :(

Last edited:

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
You still on topical estrogen? Anything to report?
Well, when I look at my temples under the right light, It looks like all the little invisible fuzzies are getting longer and looking better. But that could just be my wishful thinking perceiving, hahaha. really I haven't seen any dramatic regrowth yet, some say have to wait until the next hair cycle or at least 3 months for that, and I've been on topical estrogen 2X per week for 3 weeks, so it's still really early.
however, I can say I have much less scalp itch, and no dandruff, and i used to have that alot.. and hair doesn't come out much anymore.

I just started dutasteride, 5 days ago too. about to be on a hardcore regimen cause f*** hairloss!

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, when I look at my temples under the right light, It looks like all the little invisible fuzzies are getting longer and looking better. But that could just be my wishful thinking perceiving, hahaha. really I haven't seen any dramatic regrowth yet, some say have to wait until the next hair cycle or at least 3 months for that, and I've been on topical estrogen 2X per week for 3 weeks, so it's still really early.
however, I can say I have much less scalp itch, and no dandruff, and i used to have that alot.. and hair doesn't come out much anymore.

I just started dutasteride, 5 days ago too. about to be on a hardcore regimen cause f*** hairloss!

All out war. Nice. You should see results. Take regular pics man, best way to see progress.

My hair looks ok recently so I'm not in "panic mode" yet but I'm sure I'll be there soon. I will probably try Enzalutamide.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
All out war. Nice. You should see results. Take regular pics man, best way to see progress.

My hair looks ok recently so I'm not in "panic mode" yet but I'm sure I'll be there soon. I will probably try Enzalutamide.
I was thinking to try Enza, but worried if It's actually the real substance if ordering off alibaba : / hmmmm

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking to try Enza, but worried if It's actually the real substance if ordering off alibaba : / hmmmm

Check the thread man we found a legit source and got it tested, 99.5% pure. Having trouble with the right vehicle though.

A few guys are trying it out

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair is currently at a point where it looks so thin and i have lost alot of ground in the last 2 weeks around the temple area.

Oddly enough i noticed my hair looked the most thin after i used nizoral the one time a few weeks ago and it doesn't feel like its recovered since.

Its all a gamble, it might be natural receding but i hope i didn't make it worse by using these DHT blockers since thats the opposite of why i was using this stuff.

I am now completely lost about what the right decision is going forward :(
it could just be a shed, everything your using is good except maybe nettle. but I do think you should get on finasteride and dutasteride. you have many options so throw everything you can at it.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
After reading stories online i never realised how complex using DHT blockers are, because it seems like you can't predict the right decision and whether it will pay off or backfire on you

I have been using phyto life DHT blocker which has like saw palmett,nettle,pumpkin, fo-ti root, beta sitosterol, kudzu root, rice bran oil, cysteine, b vitamins, biotin, and zinc and thinking about it this should be a great mixture of ingredients since half block DHT and the others are meant to be good for growing hair... but i suspect imbalances in your hormones can wreck havoc sometimes :(

I just don't know what the best decision is at this point.